UT crashes when activating turbo

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ued|Radon

Mar 10, 2006
www.unrealed.de
hi there!

I've a big problem. Everytime, when i activate the Turbo, my ut crashes without any message or something like that.
it just... crashes.

i need help! Really :(

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
Don't just press the turbo button, use the Force, Radon! Will your vehicle faster, I'm sure it'll respond.

OK seriously. What patch version are you running? Also, are you on Windows, Linux? Graphics card and driver versions?

I suspect it's the blur effect which may be causing the problem.

ued|Radon

Mar 10, 2006
www.unrealed.de
i use win xp pro 64 bit, nvidia geforce le 6800, driver, something about 6.14., latest utpatch 3369

and i have two graphicsdriver in my ut-settings: openGL and Direct 3D 9, i'm using opengl, there is the problem, when im using the other one, i can't see shader-textures, brightskins and my ut crashes every 10 minutes... but i can use turbo. thats such a crap..

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
Hmm, as far as I know, there are blur issues with OpenGL.

In [Engine.Engine], you should be using RenderDevice= "D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice", NOT "D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice". Last I heard about UT's D3D9 renderer, it had a lot of problems [and is not officially supported AFAIK].

Either way, I'd really suggest, at the very least, you upgrade your nVidia ForceWare drivers to the latest available (81.something). The 6x.xx series is seriously old. Upgrading your driver may even allow you to play better with the D3D9 renderer, though I strongly suggest using regular D3D renderer above that, and OpenGL.