Urgent help needed fast

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheDarkLord

Mar 14, 2004
I'm working on a project for the final year of my degree which involves a 3D free roaming tour of Manchester. We're doing this in the runtime engine and it's quite a large level, around 30000 by 20000. I've got most of the rough modelling done but I have a problem that when walking around after building all there are spots on the floor where the charecter will fall through the ground for no apparent reason and die even though there has been no death programmed into it, or if using an older version of our charecter for some reason it just gets stuck and you can move the mouse around to look but can't ever move or fly out of there.

I can't work out what's causing this, we thought it might be the collisions not being set right but on the basic world box you can be running along and then suddenly fall through the floor without touching any of the buidings although the same error occours in them at a certain point near each of my stairwells.

Can someone please get back to me fast if they have any ideas, our tutor is hoping to have a finished verion by Wednesday and this thing has us stumpted.

Vito

Mar 18, 2002
If you made most of it using BSP, and complex BSP at that, with lots of additions and subtractions, it could be BSP holes.

There's no way around that without rebuilding that area.

A possible quick fix would be to set up blocking volumes a hair above floor level, so you end up walking around on the volume instead of the BSP.

conscripted

Mar 1, 2004
australia
hages.net
dont know if this is useful, but something Ive found quite handy when level testing is to view the wireframe for the entire place..
press ~ then type "rmode 1" then you'll see all in wire... to return to normal ~ rmode 5