ur a maper?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Whit UnrealEd .. you

• Yes .. i can even make my own stuff :P

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • i can make a good map

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • i know how to make a cube and player start+botpathing

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • .....Unrealed?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suck

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

-\Zeta-

Rave-0-Lution
May 22, 2004
canada
who can at least understand the basic .. of the Bsp and the lighning- terrain Event & Tag <------------------- *IMPORTANT FOR JB MAPING*

Last edited by a moderator:

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
what's a maper or maping? and whit?

(sry to put it this way, but if you wrote a large piece of text, after four sentences I would've stopped reading and scroll down to the replies to find out what you actually wrote there. I know it's hard for french people to write/talk in english, but try to avoid mistakes anyway :))

to get back to the subject: I understand most things, I just can't apply them :B

sergeantduke

Aug 17, 2004
Yeah, I can make a good map. Though I've never tried making a Jailbreak map, if that's what you're after. Learning how to create my own stuff now in Maya.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
I can map fairly well, I usually struggle for Ideas and never finish maps. I have got about 6 unfinished maps on my hard drive which need finishing. To this date i have released one map which I actually finished months ago yet only uploaded it the other day. Download HERE
The biggest problem I have had in UED is mapping for jailbreak, its fiddly, worked it out now though with some help from an article written by Mychaeel (i think - If it was thanks very much, found HERE incase anyone is interested) btw my JB map might be finished one day. As with the CTF map, the other CTF map....................

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
ZetaMillenium said:
why u got problem maping for jb? ... even/tag problems?
I did have a problem. for some reason everybody spawned on pathnodes in one room. I started a thread titled "Help Me." nobody came up with any answers. Cooldude was the only person who answered. I then found a guide by Mycheel and fixed the map. All I need to do is the panerama view for the F1 menu and do some screenshots. Haven't got around to doing it yet though. If ur intrested in my maps there is a link in my signiture.

-\Zeta-

Rave-0-Lution
May 22, 2004
canada
they spawn on path node ... mhhh .. maybe you may make a tag volume for jail and put the even to tag of the volume from JBjailinfo ....

i never had this problem ... really weird

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
Before this fix was implemented, if there were insufficient numbers of PlayerStarts in open play for the team, some players would spawn in jail. Obviously, that shouldnt happen.

However, most mappers arent going to place 16 PlayerStarts per team in open play, as well as the jail PlayerStarts. So what has been implemented (and was implemented for UTJB too) is the ability to spawn on random pathnodes near to the switch that you defend.

For example, if you had a map designed for 4on4 (and had 4 playerstarts in open play for each team), but you put 15bots and yourself in there, beforehand 4 players from each team would start the match in jail, since at the start of the game there werent any PlayerStarts in open play for them, so UT2004 resorts to using the PlayerStarts in jail.

However, now what will happen is that the extra 4 players will spawn on pathnodes near to the switch in their base, rather than in jail.

The general solution to preventing players from spawning on PathNodes if it really is bad is to put more PlayerStarts in. I always put a minimum of 8 in open play, but on larger maps you will want to put more.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
I'LL POINT OUT ONE MORE TIME THE PROBLEM IS FIXED. it was somit to do with the jail not being defined very well. (i think).
Both teams shouldn't spawn in the same base though?! This map has 8 playerstarts per team and none of them were being used for spawning at start of the match.
Everyone would spawn in one base, die instantly go to jail, score, it was really ****ed up. glad i fixed it. Thanks to Mycheel for his guide.
Now I've fixed that prob I just need to decide where to have the panerama looking from.

Mychaeel

The_Head, I realize your problem is fixed already. Please allow me to post in this thread nonetheless... ;)

ZedMaestro said:
Before this fix was implemented, if there were insufficient numbers of PlayerStarts in open play for the team, some players would spawn in jail. Obviously, that shouldnt happen.
However, now what will happen is that the extra 4 players will spawn on pathnodes near to the switch in their base, rather than in jail.
No, not quite -- that's how it was handled in Jailbreak III, but Jailbreak 200x fixes that problem in a different way: If there aren't any unoccupied PlayerStarts left, a player is kept in spectator mode until he or she can be spawned; so everybody is guaranteed to spawn on a PlayerStart, though they may have to wait a couple of seconds until one is available.