Upaint Skinning problems help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

madarkwasp

Jan 22, 2006
Allright, Hi there. So I got Upaint, got the patch of Right Hemisphere's forums, and tried skinning. Unfortunately, when I export it, no files for it show up in System or Textures, nor does it show up in gameplay. Am I missing a step? And also, will it show up when I play a game that uses team colours?

Thanks all!

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
If you do a search in this thread you'll find the same question answered many times. Goto file - save and save it using whatever name (no spaces). Then goto file-export to unreal and it should go in there. If it doesn't try finding a texture file with the name of your character in UT2004\Textures. Open that using UnrealEd in UT2004\System (using the texture browser). See if the pic of the body, head and portrait is there. If it is, locate the character name .upl file in UT2004\System and make sure that says Bodyskin=yourskinname.body Headskin=yourskinname.head (or something like that). You can open the .upl file using any text editor ;)

If you don't have any joy there. I'll post later when I've more time as to what to do to import the textures manually :)

Last edited:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Welcome to the board :wavey:

tbh I won`t use upaint for skinning but I wish you good luck and happy skinning

madarkwasp

Jan 22, 2006
klasnic said:
If you do a search in this thread you'll find the same question answered many times. Goto file - save and save it using whatever name (no spaces). Then goto file-export to unreal and it should go in there. If it doesn't try finding a texture file with the name of your character in UT2004\Textures. Open that using UnrealEd in UT2004\System (using the texture browser). See if the pic of the body, head and portrait is there. If it is, locate the character name .upl file in UT2004\System and make sure that says Bodyskin=yourskinname.body Headskin=yourskinname.head (or something like that). You can open the .upl file using any text editor ;)

If you don't have any joy there. I'll post later when I've more time as to what to do to import the textures manually :)

Great, I'll try it out, been busy all week. Thanks!

madarkwasp

Jan 22, 2006
klasnic said:

Well, I tried this, and whenever it exports, no files show up in Textures OR System for it, so opening it in UnrealED's texture browser isn't so easy '=/

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
klasnic said:
I've never had it happen, Turret and I always put it down to something the user's done as opposed to something wrong with the program ;)

I was meaning I thought I fixed what you said.

madarkwasp

Jan 22, 2006
Anyone know? The files just won't even show up in UT2004...I can't find any skinname.utx or anything..

Chai'i

Feb 2, 2006
I had the same problem. You're going to have to reinstall UPaint. This time don't install the patch! What the program is trying to do is export the character into the UT2003 folder when you don't have 2003, you have 2004 ;)

Last edited:

madarkwasp

Jan 22, 2006
Chai'i said:
I had the same problem. You're going to have to reinstall UPaint. This time don't install the patch! What the program is trying to do is export the character into the UT2003 folder when you don't have 2003, you have 2004 ;)

Oh man it worked. Thanks loads for that :lol:

I also checked the Right Hemisphere site and yepp. That said it was the problem. Now I can make my cruddy skins. Thanks budd :D