UPaint and custom skins

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PlasticFrog

Jul 24, 2004
I'm still stuck using UPaint to retexture existing skins (hopefully will change soon to a MUCH better program where I can actually toy with making my own model!)

But my question is about obtaining the .psk for some of the custom models.
Is there a way to extract this file using UT2004 editor? Or do I have to use a modeling program like Maya or 3Dmax?

The model I want to work with is Elektra by Eklipse. My way of thinking is that without the proper .psk I won't be able to do any editing on the armor plates for the armor and heavy armor versions.

hazard120

Modeller n Skinner
Sep 6, 2005
Houston
speaking of .psk files any know where i can find some. i dont like to have to upload UT just to see if i colored the skin right.

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
I mess around with skinning and I use Milkshape. It'll open the .psk's that come in the extras folder that came with your game (the play disk I think). You don't need to export anything from the editor.

You can use the .psk to attach your own models to and export them into UEd
very easily.

It's about 30$ though, not sure if you're looking for a free app or not.

Last edited:

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
How would you go about getting the textures for Elektra?

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Here's the texture map for the head and body. It's been unwrapped already.

You'll have to right click and "save image as" and then change it to something UEd can import.

body:

electra-head: