UnrealToons (TC Mod)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RJ8722_2

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
I been thinking of doing this mod for a while, and I think I'm going to do because I like the idea.

Ok well the name of the mod is Unreal Toons (until I come up with something better) and basically the playing style will be like the spyro games if you ever played those for the ps and the ps2. I got some of the stuff planned out already and anyone who wants to join onto the team can give their ideas into it .

And it's single player. No multiplayer planned yet.
And it's in third person view, not first person

But first, some stuff about me. I'm a in-between newbie/experienced unrealscript coder. I caught on to it real fast because I already knew some C++. I'm a fast-learner so I'll be doing complicated stuff in unrealscript in no time . I'm also a mapper, haven't made any completed maps (you all know what it's like when you start working on a map, then you get bored of it/something got you stuck and you can't fix it). I'm also in Central Time Zone so you might want to think about that .

Now for the contact info -
Email - rj8722@hotmail.com
AIM - RJ8722
MSN - rj8722@hotmail.com
ICQ - 178329965

Team - Max of like 5 - 6 people because I don't want to have to manage a BIG team yet :\.

Positions -
RJ8722 - Project Leader/Coder/Mapper (I got all these covered)
Available:
Modeler - You better know how to make/animate/skin your own models.
Texture Artist - If you can make spyro-like textures, then this position would be for you
Mapper - If you can map, I could always use a 2nd mapper
Sound/Music - Just be able to make sound effects/music that can be used in UT2k3
I think I got all the positions ... if I'm missing one let me know.
By the way, you can have more than 1 position, so you could be a mapper/modeler (multi-talented are especially wanted ).

And now for some final words from me -
I just want to have fun creating this mod and have fun playing this mod. I don't have any plans for it to go commercial, but if it looks like commercial quality, then I may consider it, but probably not. I also will not rush with making this mod. I could have saved it for the HL2 engine, but I was like ... too many people are going to be making mods for it. So that's why I chose the UT2k3 Engine.

(Note: If I made any mistakes in that post, let me know so I can correct it. I was typing this whole thing out at like 10 PM so I'm a little tired)

-RJ

Just to see how fun me and a friend are trying to make this mod, here 2 concept images done over netmeeting using whiteboard (hey it's fun ).
http://www.the-beach.net/~deathgibs/rj8722/concept1.jpg
http://www.the-beach.net/~deathgibs/rj8722/concept2.jpg