UNREAL's original conception and UNREAL Alpha Game

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vortex Convict

May 23, 2010
I know this is a little late for another response, but it's better than starting a new thread.

Have any of you considered creating an UNREAL mod based upon the original alpha models and conceptions for the game? If not in the UNREAL Alpha engine, perhaps for UNREAL TOURNAMENT?

On another note, if one were to win an UNREAL editing contest, what are the chances of receiving a license for UNREAL's alpha engine, or what remains of it?

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
There is RoninMastaFX's and Delacroix's Forgotten classic bonus pack for UT, that is the pack includes remade alpha dragon model etc by Daewon.

The original models of the 95 tech demo were not figured out how to extract, so nobody has those and you suggest working with the alpha engine? There's no editor for it, unless you have some other version which I don't know of and which is not commonly known (then again only 95 tech demo and 97-98 prbeta were leaked).

AWW SNACK

Feb 13, 2009
I know this is a little late for another response, but it's better than starting a new thread.

Have any of you considered creating an UNREAL mod based upon the original alpha models and conceptions for the game? If not in the UNREAL Alpha engine, perhaps for UNREAL TOURNAMENT?

On another note, if one were to win an UNREAL editing contest, what are the chances of receiving a license for UNREAL's alpha engine, or what remains of it?

TBH we know so little about how the early concepts for Unreal that you'd be making up most of the stuff in it (like level designs, enemy behavior, etc). :s

Vortex Convict

May 23, 2010
Leo, when I suggested working with the original Alpha engine, I was naively believing that Epic Games would award the full Alpha engine license to modders if they won an Unreal modding contest, and if the modders requested it. Epic evidently probably scrapped all the work they did on the alpha, and it is probable that if they had it, they wouldn't give it to any contest winning modders.

On the topic of creating things by scratch, I did do a few drawings envisioning the idea for what the Alpha mod might look. Two drawings, in partcular, I am proud of. I'll need to improve my drawing style before I can envision better images for the make believe mod.