UnrealEd won't play sound efx

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SXDX

Nov 11, 1999
Visit site
I've noticed that when you play sound effects, they seem to originate at the origin (the place the camera is at when you load up a level). If you're too far away, you won't hear the sound.

Cammy

Nymphomaniac
Nov 24, 1999
Singapore
Visit site
...at least not after I patched Unreal using the latest patch. Before that, there was no such problem. Do you folks encounter this problem too? And have you any idea what can be done?

...groovy-looking new forums, by the way. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

------------------
Shake it, baby!

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
I'm guessing you added -nosound to your UnrealEd shortcut. Instead change it to -nodsound. Sound should work then and it's a lot easier then about half of the fixes I can think of.

Cammy

Nymphomaniac
Nov 24, 1999
Singapore
Visit site
It worked! Thanks very much!

Gosh, Wanderer, is there anything about UnrealEd you don't know? /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

Shake it, baby!

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
YES!!! Like practically everything that's in the UnrealScript department, how to import models using 3ds2unr, and how to get a girlfriend..... whoops. That's not UnrealEd... Ok, I'm going to my corner now /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif