UnrealED for UT3 Crashes on Startup

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Firos12

Mar 11, 2008
Hey all, I've been having this very annoying error. When I try to run the Editor, I get message saying that UT3.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. The strange thing is when I first startup the computer the editor works fine, and it lets me work for 10minutes crashes and then shows the error above and when I try to load it up again it does the same thing and it's endless. This forces me to need to restart the computer, so then I can work again for a lousy 10 minutes. This didn't start happening until I reformatted the PC, I've tried everything. I looked for packages that I may have modified by accident, I've tried reinstalling the game on my hard drive, and tried reinstalling it in a different place tried patches they didn't help as well as reformatted the PC. There seems to be no way to fix this unless I'm missing something. Here is the error:

AppName: ut3.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2.2600.3119 Offset: 00012a5b

What the heck is up?

EDIT: I've tried to clear my registry of UT3 things as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

WaitForTheRain

Feb 26, 2008
UK
I had the same problem, but reinstalling UT3 fixed it for me. Have you tried moving the Unreal Tournament 3 folder from My Games to somewhere else, then letting UT3 generate a new folder there when you run it?