Unreal Warfare Expectations

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Magick

666-777-1369
Nov 8, 2001
astral plane
Visit site
being able to have independant servers hooked up through portals would be awesome, the MMO potential for uw is great

want to see what they do with U2 first and how they can move to even better things from there

Prisoner Number 9

Oct 9, 2001
The Island
Visit site
portals

Doesnt UT already contain the skeleton for portals. Just no one has ever used it. The possibility of having game/maps spread over multiple servers has always been there since teleport dests can be a unique URL.

I have never seen this done. Maybe its another one of those tantalising bits of code Epic put in but never implemented.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Oh yeah, it's something that's already in place in some fashion. Someone already made an interesting portal-based front end for UT, it's just never used.

XinderbocK

Sep 27, 2001
Los, California
Visit site
I expect..

I expect to start up U2 and see smoke then a large xplosion.. as i duck for cover.. i hear voices coming from my speakers.. I suddenly in a amazement see it was only the intro to U2 with my GF-3. :p Hopefully i will aford the GF-4 coming out in Q2 02

J. Speed

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 21, 2001
USA
Visit site
There is much to expect from Epic when UW or whatever it will be named when it hits the shelves. I dont expect it to be a MMO game but if it is all the better.

Most people already know the poly count will be bumped up as well as the inclusion of terrain.

Lets go a step further. I hope UW will have some kind of skill system for certain things. Vehicles is a must-ground and air.
I hope, but dont believe this will happen, there will be space craft and more than one planet. Now this sounds like MMO game.

J. Speed

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 21, 2001
USA
Visit site
Yeah no doubt on needing an upgrade. Im going 1.3 MGHZ+ w/ an Anthlon XP hopefully soon! Plus many of the servers these days run on faster machines. If you dont have, guessing, 700 Mghz+ you may be in trouble online and a cable connection wont help much w/ a slow machine.