1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Unreal Tournament 3 Tweaker

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by BradG, Jan 20, 2008.

1. BradG

BradG New Member

Here is another tool i am designing for the UT3 Tweaker.

you can browse the list as a whole
    [screenshot]http://aycu19.webshots.com/image/44618/2001015837825769417_rs.jpg[/screenshot]

or you can simply view the statistics for your favourite servers.
    [screenshot]http://aycu16.webshots.com/image/46375/2001018557323615578_rs.jpg[/screenshot]

2. awaw

awaw I didn't survive the '08 BUF crash

Can you join servers directly?

3. BradG

BradG New Member

not sure as yet.. im looking in to it.

4. Alhanalem

Alhanalem Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop

YOu'll need to provide a plce to put in your login name and password, to pass to UT3's command line.

5. Nereid

Nereid ・ ω ・

That would require Patch 2, which supposedly adds -login=xxx -password=xxx command line options for that purpose. I haven't tested this myself.

6. [DUF]-Fragger

[DUF]-Fragger New Member

Looks very nice, would be nice to have a browser for UT3 servers without loading up UT3.

I have a question about your program UT3Tweaker. I saw that you have a map installer in that program. Do you also have a standalone map/mut/cache-installer?

Reason for asking this is that i cant find another map installer for UT3, but i really need one, but i dont need a tweak program because i simply dont want to tweak :)

Gr Fragger

7. BradG

BradG New Member

why would i have that also? im not coding it twice :) you dont have to use the tweak settings, it has other settings in it to. and its a 12MB download...

8. BradG

BradG New Member

does it now... thanks for the very helpful post

9. HudsonC

HudsonC New Member

Just one thing the new tweker 5.0 won't close if i exit. I have to close it via task manager.
    Did know if it was a fault or just me. I didn't see it anywhere in the forum.

10. BradG

BradG New Member

it happens from time to time as the FTP is holding a connection open. its annoying, but doesnt happen very often. it seems that the client has not received confirmation from the server that a transfer has finished, prehaps after downloading a mutator, or even retrieving news or browsing them. which could indicate a firewall issue.

11. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

Not bad... I would request one minor thing though... rename u.exe (for the updater) to UT3TweakerUpdater.exe or something. u.exe is very vague, and to some less-computer-experienced people, they might think it's a virus or something.

Also, here's to hoping you can get joining from the tweaker working! That'd be awesome. Bonus points if you can get player names and scores and such. :D

12. BradG

BradG New Member

im fairly confident that i will get join working :)

i didnt want to give u.exe a different name because i dont want people to click it. they may think that because its called updater, that they can click it when they want... and they really cant. the tweaker tells them when theres an update, and launches it for them... they say you have to make software foolproof.. however i find you have to make them lemming proof which is very hard to do.

13. Grasshopper

Grasshopper New Member

I installed UT3Tweeaker version 5. I selected the folders it asked for on start up. Nothing happens after that. Are the folders supposed to show in the boxes? I clicked on update and let that finish. Still nothing. I went to the web site looking for instructions or a "read me" file. Didn't see any. What am I missing?

14. [DUF]-Fragger

[DUF]-Fragger New Member

I did some google and found a program M&M Installer and to my surprise its made by you :lol:

I do rather have one simple and single map/mut installer then a tweak program becuase i simply dont use it, so i'm glad i found the installer.

I also noticed that you stopped further development with M&M? But for me its oke now, it much much better then manually put the files in the right dir.

Thanks

Gr Fragger

15. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

Looks great, I'll be sure to try this, once I'm done with.... *falls over desk*

AP Economics homework, AP Economics project, AP Economics studying for a test tomorrow, AP English finish up an 8-10 page MLA research paper, Statistics finish homework, Statistics study for a possible pop quiz... ALL DUE TOMORROW. I hate senior year.

16. iCQ

iCQ Softice/MASM reverse engineer

Very nice man! Thanks a bunch!

17. Evill_Bob

Evill_Bob Cheese Hopping Rocket Spammer

Ohhhhohohaahaha! This is filled to the brim with things I want! I must post my glee...

EDIT: I'm not long filled with glee but wondering where my UTEngine.ini is...

It's just gone. UT3 still works though... Let me guess there is something improtant that I didn't read again isn't there?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2008
  18. BradG

BradG New Member

i need more info than that :)

19. Evill_Bob

Evill_Bob Cheese Hopping Rocket Spammer

It was the whole My Documents thing again. I didn't realize that's where they keep the maps and **** now.

20. Hedge-o-Matic

Hedge-o-Matic New Member

How totally awesome. It's kind of hard to imagine UT3 without this utility, to be honest. This is just great.