Unreal Tournament 2: Weapons Preview

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
"There will be no more ammo packs but reloading spot: as long as you stay in these spots, your weapon keeps loading."

As if (e.g.) the minigun/shieldbelt respawn lamers in DM-Liandry aren't bad enough. Now there will be spots in every map you just have to fire a salve of rockets at when you come around the corner to get frags. Ugh.
___
"Another thing: they implemented some sort of RPG character management feature. You will be able to distribute points to your bots after each levels (tactic, aiming, etc,...) and some special characters for the player could be unlocked but after a very hard fight. If success, you will be able to use these new characters online. These characters will have special unique tricks.

It wasn't stated but I think that giving the difficulty level you choose, this special character will be more powerfull (if you unlock it at god level, you will have some sort of super hero to play online)."

Noooo please say that's not true! *cryes*
The words "unfair advantage over newbies", "cheat" and "what the hell" comes to my mind.
___

*prays that his pessmistic visions won't come true and that they find a way to do it right...*

ElectricSheep

Tommy Vegas
May 11, 2000
Newark, DE
Another thing: they implemented some sort of RPG character management feature. You will be able to distribute points to your bots after each levels (tactic, aiming, etc,...) and some special characters for the player could be unlocked but after a very hard fight. If success, you will be able to use these new characters online. These characters will have special unique tricks.

It wasn't stated but I think that giving the difficulty level you choose, this special character will be more powerfull (if you unlock it at god level, you will have some sort of super hero to play online).

The mere fact that this 'feature' relies on locally stored data makes it totally pointless.

perrin98

Aug 17, 2000
I won't even play UT2. I never played UT. I will install Infiltration and be happy. Just as i did.

Ah, I am at peace with the universe again.

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
I'm glad they'll keep most of the old weapons.
They're not taking much risks with that, but the "spawn-with-everything" is quite original (reminds me Excessive).

Originally posted by DeRailer

ut2-shotgun-sm.jpg

:Shotgun: The Shotgun is a new incarnation of the ASMD rifle. The ASMD was probably one of the most used and misunderstood weapons in both Unreal and UT. In the hands of a skilled player this weapon could prove trouble some on defense. The Shotgun's primary fire is an energy beam. The secondary fire is a blob/ball of energy that when struck by the primary sets off a small explosion. It should be noted that it is not known if the Shotgun will do the same kind of damage as UT's ASMD.

what a rip off of the Seburo Weapon designs by Shirow! :p

sxc.gif

g.mn-23.1.gif

SaraP

Feb 12, 2002
The Land of the Governator
Kewl...the new weapons look sweet. Although that assault rifle looks like a CAR-15 with the folding stock from the MP-5 slapped onto it. The new rocket launcher looks gorgeous...beware the blonde with the big gun!!!

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
Originally posted by Hadmar

Noooo please say that's not true! *cryes*
The words "unfair advantage over newbies", "cheat" and "what the hell" comes to my mind.

*prays that his pessmistic visions won't come true and that they find a way to do it right...*

Is that w00tar, son of l33tor who is whinning like a baby! :con:

Shame on you and on your clan! :p

MadWoffen
Son of Iscin
Guardian of Lundere
Woof! Woof!

More seriously, the new engine has some nice features for future/actual mods like a new physical engine for fog or water that will keep the trails of persons or weapons and some others eye-candi. I just hope the porting won't take too long... :)