Unreal or Quack???????????????

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Who Rules?

• Skaarj Queen

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Macron

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Loque

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Xero

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
personally I enjoy them both. A word of advice to everyone; don't underestimate or judge a multiplayer game until you've played it on a lan with a lot of your freinds.

and, umm...
yea I'm kinda sick of the X vs X threads myself.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
Quit Ur Automatic Crap Kreation
??

just got sick of looking at the UvsQ thread. Since it's on the Unreal1 boards it's gonna be here for a while:p

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
Macron is easy because I always end up with a backlog of quads and invulnerabilities by the end of the game.

Of course the Queen was kinda easy in unpatched Unreal; Power 5 dispersion pistol, energy amplifier... one shot... hmmmmm :)

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
The Queen in Unreal Gold is a very satisfying challenge. I think that what makes her so tough is her tendency to teleport all over the arena. She also moves rather fast because of her size, so when she attempts to engage in melee combat, it's virtually impossible to get away without taking damage unless you have the super jump boots.

You know, the only other time I've seen a Queen in a level who had support for teleportation (QueenDests) was deCyberDuel. That was quite a challenge. You know you've played Unreal too much when you eventually get telefragged by the Queen. :p

Personally, I think that the Warlord is a little tougher than the Queen under most circumstances.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
The queen is vicious, and deadly, the best ending monster.

That macron thing was just... gay... it was like a um... person in a funny suit who had way too much power to be realistic.

The queen vs. the macron would be funny, 2 seconds later the macron would be dead.

i hate you

7h3 1337 m0
Oct 31, 2001
Visit site
Mmm, loque. Loque pissed me off so I configured his settings a bit... (worst aim...ever!)

Xero and his railgun. Xaero the Loque-wannabe!

The queen is...the queen, and macron is the slave.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
messing with loque is like lighting the fuse of a bomb...
detonate.gif

It'll blow back in your face. :p

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Macron is easy because I always end up with a backlog of quads and invulnerabilities by the end of the game. Of course the Queen was kinda easy in unpatched Unreal; Power 5 dispersion pistol, energy amplifier... one shot... hmmmmm

Yep. You always seem to be able to collect lots of powerups, on NORMAL skill. On hard skill however, you're only allowed to carry ONE powerup (as in only one quad, one invincibility etc...)

To be honest, fighting the Makron without using powerups, or heavy weapons, IS a challenge.
Fighting 3 MAKRONS in the q2 addon "Castles of Stroggos" :D
Now that's something else.

But on the other hand, fighting 2 or 3 queens in Monster Madness is an unique experience...:D

And yes, first time I beat the queen, it was with one (or maybe two --sue me) shot of the disp. pistol and using the amplifier...