Unreal Nerf 2003? (yes i believe my brain may have officially broken)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Good idea?

• Good

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

[CD]Icedude

Hurf da Durf
Dec 13, 2001
#batcountry
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
Well, earlier today i dug out my old Nerf Arenablast CD and played a couple of games online (unfortunately creaming everyone) anmd i had a thought: what if someone converted this game to UT2k3 so there would be better everything, including online players?

maybe if we could do this after the bulldog map pack? or later?

here are the guns (some changes from the origionals) that i thought would be good (the pics are of the Nerf Arenablast versions, probably just for inspiration. the guns wouldnt really have to look exactly like them)

Melee weapon: Dart Vacuum
could be the shieldgun with a new skin?

Primary fire: this blows darts away from the player when they get near
Secondary fire: puts up a sheild in front of the player and absorbs any darts that hit it into the respective weapon (if you have he weapon that the darts come from)

Default Weapon: Secretshot 2 & water balloons
a small red pistol
SecretShot.gif

primary fire: shoots yellow nerf darts (no strongbad jokes please) from the pistol, doing puny damage
secondary fire: the player character throws a water balloon that explodes on impact and causes splash damage (no pun intended)

Weapon slot 2: Ballzooka
a rifle like gun which has 6 barrels on the front
Ballzooka178.GIF

primary fire: launches small foam balls which are affected by gravity which bounce around when they come to a stop, turn into 1 ammo pickups (yes! if you miss, you can pick up the balls and use them again!)
secondary fire: launches biorifle like slime, which doesn't damage enemies, it just stops them from moving, they can still turn and shoot, but no jumping or running

weapon slot 3: Wildfire Mk 2
medium sized pistol with tons of barrels on the front which spin around minigun style when firing
Wildfire178.GIF

primary fire: fires glow in the dark green nerf darts at the same speed as the assault rifle from vanilla UT2k3, not very accurate
secondary fire: sacrifice speed for accuracy, same as the primary fire, except fire rate is 75% of the primary fire, and is 3 times as acurate and a bit more painful too

weapon slot 4: Scattershot LE (link edition)
short rifle gun, with a large barrel on the front
Scattershot178.GIF

primary fire: hitscan weapon which creates a small explosion where it hits (not as small as alt minigun, but smaller than rocketlauncher explosion) and gives off 3 peices of flak
secondary fire: the exact same as the link beam on the link rifle, except it can only damage enemies in non-team games, in team games, it only links to other players and each person linked on increases the explosion size by half the origional size

weapon slot 5: Sideshot (not in the origional nerf, but better than the one in this slot)
a long-ish rifle with 2 short black barrels projecting out of the front

primary fire: launches an orange nerf dart out of both barrels
secondary fire: this switches the gun from forward fire (where both darts fire forward) to side fire mode. the barrels of the gun both turn 90 degrees so they are facing opposite directions from each other. primary fire in this mode fires 1 dart on each side. pressing secondary again will swithc back

weapon slot 6: Pulsator
a wider rifle with 2 large barrels projecting from the front (uses same ammo as ballzooka)
Pulsator178.GIF

primary fire: shoots out 2 small balls of light which can cause a headshot
secondary fire: pretty much the same as minigun alt fire

weapon slot 7: Sidewinder 2
think razorjack in nerf colours
Sidewinder178.GIF

primary fire: shoots a yellow nerf disc that bounces off walls a lot (more that the razor launcher from UT1 did)
secondary fire: launches a disc in remote control mode (like redeemer alt fire) that moves faster and is more controllable han the redeemer alt

weapon slot 8: Quadstrike
short weapon with the rockets sticking off the front
Triple%20Strike178.GIF
<--- just add another rocket on there somewhere

primary fire: launches a nerf rocket one at a time, after 4 are launched, more have to be put on the launcher
secondary fire: launches all 4 rockets at the same time

weapon slot 9: Hyperstrike
probably just a lightning gun reskin, uses Quadstrike ammo
Hyperstrike178.GIF

primary fire: fires a red lighning bolt with extreme accuracy
secondary fire: zooms in

superweapon 1: cannon painter
ion painter reskin :p

primary fire: creates a blue laser that aims the ion cannon, but the ion cannon launches a large burst of instant kill nerf rockets down on the target area
secondary fire: good old zoom function strikes back

superweapon 2: Nerfdeemer
pretty much a nerfification of the good old redeemer, fire styles and all

scoring would be on a points system instead of frag system:
25 points for a kill
100 points for a headshot
100 points for jumping on someones head
when a player dies, he drops a point icon, 1000 points for if the player was first place, 750 pony icon for 2nd place, 500 points for 3rd place, and 50 point icon for 4th or below
there could also be targets on levels designed to be played only with the mod, ranginf from 250 to 1000 points for finding and hitting one, and also targets that open doors and give points at the same time

blood and gore would be cut out, and people would just de-res when they die. what this mod would do is basically make UT2k3 friendly for kids

Last edited:

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Yes, gore is good :) Even when it's purple and green.....:con:

I'd probably be able to fit them in somewhere (in between the second batch of weapons I've got planned - all new models this time, got some very sweet ideas already - and the player model I'm messing around with that involves a totally new skeletal structure and therefore needs to be fully animated from scratch :eek: ).

[CD]Icedude

Hurf da Durf
Dec 13, 2001
#batcountry
hmm, this reminded me of an old UT2 map that i was working on which was a conversion of a custom map for Nerf, but i deleted it before i joined fraghouse.

i've started it again though, and a lot better than the origional version

Attachments

• Air Rage ][.jpg
    Air Rage ][.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 30

[CD]Icedude

Hurf da Durf
Dec 13, 2001
#batcountry
* slaps casc around a bit with a large trout *

why does everyone think Nerf = Seizure colour levels? we're gonna try to keep the levels sane colours, i hope. the only bright level would be Amateur ][, a new version of the first level

Last edited: