Unreal Gold not loading in Windows 10

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

kharrisma

May 25, 2018
Hi Forum Folke,

First visit, first post... apologies if this is in the wrong place!

Got an email from GOG; Unreal Gold for free!! Had to have it! Installed it, and it appears to have installed correctly, but it won't load. Black screen, then "Unreal.exe has stopped working." Tried various compatibility mode settings, reducing parameters to as basic as could be (8-bit color, 640x480, no fullscreen, etc) and none of it helped.

Downloaded and installed the kentie direct3D10 renderer, and now it shows a splash screen, then up comes the same error message. Triple-checked that I did things according to his instructions, found no errors. Contacted him directly, he gave me a line to put into the Unreal.ini file, which I did (command to use his renderer and no other). Made sure the original renderer was deleted out of the file, then pasted his line in, saved it, and tried again... now I still get the splash screen, and the error message comes up in a second or two, instead of over 30 seconds later as it did originally. Something's obviously changed, but still it won't load/run.

Anybody here had any success getting Unreal Gold to run on Windows 10?

Running a Dell 5755 Inspiron laptop, Windows 10 Home version 1709, build 16299.431; AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 graphics card. I'd certainly appreciate any suggestions that might get Unreal up and running. Thanks in advance!