1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Unreal Engine 4 'Infiltrator' Tech Demo

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, Mar 29, 2013.

1. ambershee

ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks

It's not that good of a game; those scores are all hype. The combat as an example is completely broken - which isn't great for a combat heavy FPS...

2. moonflyer

moonflyer New Member

Maybe the scores are hype. Then Epic really needs to hire better marketing people.
    Or they simply have to put more effort into game developing, not just for making Xbox gamer happy.
    As for Infinite, yeah the combat is not that good, the system is not fully working and level design (the combat part) could do much more than just spawning groups of enemies on the path, but the presentation and the storyline are good enough to make it a nice single player experience. One of the best SP I played in these years.
    Of course that's just my opinion.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  3. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Curing the infection...

It IS a bit telling that Mark Rein goes on vacation on Hawaii after releasing a techdemovideo wheres other gamedevelopers usually does that after a game release.

I didnt even see any Dice devs go to vacation after they released that amazing 17min SP video on the actual game BF4 ;)

4. Leo(T.C.K.)

Leo(T.C.K.) Well-Known Member

Can't agree more with that.

5. AKWolf

AKWolf New Member

May be the combat sucks , may be the reviewers never played Unreal.

When I first played Unreal back in '98 I would have easily given it a 10. the best game ever. Today not so much.

B.I. does lack in graphics and combat and I would rate it 89/91 in that department. However the overall production content,art, story,etc is a 9.5.:catfight:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  6. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

Now I want play to bioshock infinite :I

7. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

That would be awesome, wouldn't it?

Yeah, BioShock: Infinite's gameplay is not amazing. It is serviceable however and I wouldn't call it completely broken.

The high score comes mostly from the art direction and the story. You can easily figure 10 points of any review for the game can be attributed to the story and clever references dropped throughout the game.

It deserves high scores for what it does, though how high is simply a matter of opinion.