Unreal bonus CD

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Wow, that has to be one of the most terrible covers ever. And I thought the Diablo ones were the worst.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
It's just the "show scary devil face in front of you" which I find a bit of so-so. Same could be said about any cover done in the same style.

Diehard

Today i got the package, and when i saw the DVD case i immediately didnt trust it, because the cover clearly was in the size of a CD instead a DVD. Which than means that it originally was packed in a single jewel case.

But alla, lets see what on it, and i took what looked like the bonus CD and threw it in the comp and i contained a copy of Unreal, i threw in the second CD just to make sure, and that one looked like the generic European CD and sure enough that was a copy of Unreal as well.

So its simple, i got ripped off.................

So i lost 35 Euro on two useless CD's, and ill see what steps i am gonna take, since it was sold through Ebay, and its is not at all what i did bid for it, since i already had the box, i didnt wanted to bid on it. But he mailed me it contained a bonus CD containing lots of stuff.

Need less to say i am dissapointed an pissed at the same time.....

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Does the second CD match that text on the screen? So he didn't send the DVD case? What about if he confused it? Try asking him if he can send the original DVD case one...
Well, you prolly was ripped off then, if the CD matches that etc.

But there were DVD case editions of Unreal and the one on the picture just looked like one.

Last edited:

Diehard

No, i got ripped alright.

Here is the photo i just took myself, and as you can see i got exactly whats in the original photo i showed here before:

But here is the outside of that DVD box:

And as you can see, it contains the cover and inlay from a generic (European)Unreal jewel case and not a DVD cover. And as said, when i saw the outside i already got super duper suspicious, cause it simply ment it originally was a jewel case rather than a DVD. And before i started bidding i did ask explicit whats with the second CD, and also told that i didnt want to go bid on the retail box he offered. And his reply was its a rare bonus CD, and i mailed him back i was gonna bid after all because of the bonus CD, and ONLY for that.

I already mailed him for a full refund, and if he doesnt wanna do that, ill simply contact Ebay and Paypal as well as he never delivered what i payed for.

And a bit ease on the pain was that also received another package today from Germany for a German copy of the Unreal Strategy guide(Das offizielle Lösungsbuch fur Unreal). And the picture that was showed on Ebay it looked like it had some bad wear. But i got it today and was surprised about the pretty much pristine inside and outside, and i think its a very cool addon to my collection.

Front and back:

L%f6sungsbuchFurUnreal_Front.jpg
L%f6sungsbuchFurUnreal_Back.jpg

Aside that, i won 2 other super cool things on Ebay, one is the retail Unreal Edition from Australia in very good condition, and the other is an Unreal/UT can.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Hmm yeah, for sure I see now that isn't the DVD case version, besides the DVD case version didn't have that outer box either, it was just like the release of UT3, in that style, but who would notice if he shot it so it looked like it is the outer paper cover of the dvd..

Diehard

Negociating with the guy all evening, and still no go on the refund. But i am not too worried about it, because its insure through eBay and PayPal. So at the end i am gonna get my money back regardless. But its uncool never the less.

The guy just dont seem to understand that he did sent me a game, but i only payed for the bonus CD and the gamebox is only "colateral damage" Effectivelly i never received the item.......

And since i never received the item, i can have eBay force him to sent it to me, which he cant since it doesnt excist, and than he WILL have to pay a refund or loose his eBay account and PayPal acount.