Unreal 95 Release.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

arisfo

Aris FO
Feb 2, 2003
Portugal, Europe
Visit site
Unreal 95 why?

Why the interest on those releases, if you please?

I love the Unreal I lost world, to play single player maps I had no time then to see, and as a hobby look into the UnrealEd 1.0 however it never ocurred to me there were other versions on Unreal I.

Aris FO

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
your looking at a test for Unreal, to show it off.

a lot of things got built, but discarded, or not included in the game.
like the RTNP expansion which uses maps not included in Unreal.

Toolvana

RL hostage
Nov 24, 1999
Satellite of Love
www.toolvana.com
NeoNite said:
Runs fine for me. Did you put the maps etc in a seperate directory? outside unreal?
I figured out what happened. At work I'm using win2k and winzip. I copied them over to a directory named "Unreal95". After seeing the error message I made the directories "maps", "system", and "music", then put the files into what I thought were the appropriate folders, but it still didn't work.
When I got home, where I'm using winXP, I realized that the zip file had specified paths for each of the files. Problem solved.
Moral of the story....umm, I'm not sure...but anywho...this is a great piece of Unreal history.:tup:

btw, did anybody see "The woman, dragon, and gargoyle" that is said to be included according to the help file?

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
I have no idea about the 97 release.

the bat files run the different levels, they copy them into the system folder and they run only a single map name.

havent seen the woman, gargoyle yet

Toolvana

RL hostage
Nov 24, 1999
Satellite of Love
www.toolvana.com
dinwitty said:
the bat files run the different levels, they copy them into the system folder and they run only a single map name.

havent seen the woman, gargoyle yet
Thanks for the response dinwitty, but you must have missed the part where I said, "Problem solved."...as in...I got it working. ;) :D
Someone should figure out how to gank those models from that .dll, and throw them into Unreal/UT.:tup: Provided they actually exist somewhere in the unreal95 files.

Hawkeye74

Oct 5, 2000
Visit site
Wow, thanks for posting this. Very cool to see how far the game has come. I thought the help file was just as interesting as the demo, with things like:

"Unreal will be published in shareware"
"it might appear to be a prison cell. An angled metal door is ahead."
"You see a bright green landscape and lake beyond."
"creatures with an insectoid look to them--including an alien dragon"

It would be great now if someone could dig up the later betas. :)

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Very cool. Thanks for the linkage. :)

I was having fun spawning several hundred of those light eyes in a top rounded corridor and they just kept bouncing. :D