Unreal 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Should Nali City get rid of it?

• Total voters

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
Even though I'll probably never play XMP, I'm still glad they released it. Why? Well, once a piece of the Unreal-series community latches onto XMP, then people will want to start mapping for it, as AMmayhem has already pointed out.

Fortunately, I don't think it's going to stop there.

If enough people want to build maps for XMP, then Legend will get their priorities back in order, and they will release a patch for Unreal 2's version of UnrealEd. Not only will this be good for XMP mappers, but it might also encourage a few people to try building SP maps for Unreal 2. Legend caved into the community's wishes on the subject of working netcode in Unreal 2; it's only reasonable to believe that they'll eventually do the same for increased stability in UnrealEd.

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
My point: I don't know if i'll get Unreal 2: Special Edition. I don´t have U2. I don't know if for me it'll be a good buy since it'll problalby not run very well on my system (believing in the DEMO of Unreal 2, anyway), and since it does not feature BOTs, i'll problably stick to Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory for On-line Class-based games.

I could run it, but in medium/low settings... for on-line, it's problably runs too laggy... :(

Nalicity's Point: i'm talking strictly of a PERSONAL view of what NC3 *might* consider. When U2 was to be released, obviously NC3 prepared itself for would-be mapping community... that really never got of the ground, unfortunaley.
The rest is like the Techno JF post above. People *might* get into XMP and all things will spring out of that point on. In the end, i find beneficious NC3 to have a U2 section. Better than not having a thing about it.

If i EVER get into it, i'll be glad to upload them at NC3, and not being retricted to other sites...

"Time will tell... only time will tell..."

Last edited:

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
Just reviving this thread for a dumb question that just popped out: when U2 maps get available at NC3, wich color will they be in the site and menus?
There's gold for UT and silver for UT2003. U2=? And UT2004? Same as UT2003?

Reply if you will... or not, if you don't have the mood...

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
Also, on a side note, U2SP looks VERY sexy to me.

/me SP-storytelling freak + MP team-based, objective-focused addict

I might miss UT2004, but really don't know about U2SP >:] ...

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
MassChAoS said:
UT2k3 is light blue, not silver. UT is just some random yellow. I'll take suggestions for U2's color.

Humm... true.

Can U2 maps then be marked at SILVER ? /me likes grey/silver more than gold :)

Or some kind of red, but not dark red - that would be almost uninteligible in the blue tone of NC3. Humm... then again... if you use a more white-ish red, it'll problably look pink :/

I could suggest green but that and red kinda go out of NC3 current color scheme...
Did i said silver? :) <- for an example: see that icon at the bottom left of your post, marking online/offline user? When it's active. Maybe more brilliant/shiny ?

Last edited: