UE2 - UT2kX Unreal 2 The Awakening Mapping Questions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Xiu

Dec 13, 2011
UK
www.farworldinvasion.webs.com
Hi there, I got some questions about U2 The Awakening editor.

Q1. How do I set Objectives and tasks and have the player complete them properly?

Q2. I want to have ambient music playing in the background when the player is exploring and then kick into battle music when the player engages an enemy how do I do it? I can already get it where a song is playing then it triggers another track but I can't get it to turn off the previous song. I have it where both tracks are playing at the same time! :(

Q3. What properties do I set so the marines don't attack other enemies like the Skaarj when they see them. I want them to basically be friends in the game environment. :)

If any of you kind people could clear any of the questions up, please let's hear it as I would be forever indebted to you! :D

Kind Regards, Xiu

P.S.

Please visit www.farworldinvasion.webs.com for more info on my mod for Unreal 2 The awakening.

If you would like to join the mod team them post some screenies of your work here! :)

Attachments

• Farworld_Invasion(Hi Res).jpg
    Farworld_Invasion(Hi Res).jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Unreal2 2011-12-13 23-50-27-73.jpg
    Unreal2 2011-12-13 23-50-27-73.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
There's very scarce stuff on Unreal 2 tutorials(or are hard to find, there's this extensive dialogue tutorial in existence, I believe I posted it once in the Unreal 2 forum), I used to know plenty but it's been a long time, try asking also in the games forum here, Unreal 2.

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16

So many great mods were dropped for this game sadly. Your maps look good from the screenshots I am looking forward to play it.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Btw in pawn script there's this:

// main characters: will all attack each other (and players) by default any NPCs on TEAM_Ambient with bAmbientCreature = false
const Team_Marine = 1;
const Team_MercJap = 2;
const Team_MercMek = 3;
const Team_MercFem = 4;
const Team_Skaarj = 20;
const Team_Izarian = 21;
const Team_Shian = 41;
const Team_Drakk = 42;
const Team_Araknid = 43;
const Team_Strider = 44;
const Team_Kai = 48;
const Team_Tosc = 58;

const Team_Spore = 67; // spores will attack all other non-ambient NPCs
Try to set the others to team skaarj then or something. Might need script modification though.

Xiu

Dec 13, 2011
UK
Thx 4 the help Leo! :)

All I had to do was set the team number to the appropriate number and now it works like a charm!

One thing I'd need to know is this; How do I get it where the player cannot progress to the next level until all the objectives are completed?

I can set objectives but I'm still able to leave the level before completing all objectives! :(

Any ideas guys and gals? :)

Thx kindly in advance!

Xiu

Dec 13, 2011
UK
Thx 4 the tutorials guys, I will read them in the morning. I guess they will com in handy! :)

As always another screenshot from a level which is only about 10% completed.

I am working on 3 levels atm! :lol:

Attachments

• Business_park.jpg
    Business_park.jpg
    627.1 KB · Views: 10