1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Unreal 2 server system requirements

Discussion in 'Unreal 2' started by Mind Maze, Aug 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mind Maze

Mind Maze New Member

I think you´ll need a pretty nasa PC to run a U2 server, especially with 32 people playing. And with 32 people playing, a pretty light speed connection.

2. flare

flare Banned

yeah DUH you think? :p

now that I think about it, I think people are going to have a hard time running unreal 2 servers. there sure isnt going to be a whole lot for a while.

3. Zaphrod

Zaphrod President of the Universe

They probably wont take much to run, a 700Mhz will be more than enough I should think. The main thing is going to be bandwidth with 32 players

4. Tetris L

Tetris L Smartass

If you run it as a dedicated server it won't take much CPU, cos its mostly the graphics and sounds that cause the CPU load. Like Mr. Beeblebrox said, probably a P3-700 can easily host a 32 player game. Bandwidth, now that's a different story. I assume U2 will take a bit more bandwidth per player than UT, I guess around 40kb. This means you would need a line that can bear 1.3 Mbit/s synchron.

5. Tetris L

Tetris L Smartass

Btw, isn't it Zaphod, not Zaphrod?

/me = confused

6. Zaphrod

It was supposed to be Zaphod but I misspelled it the first time I used it and so I spell it this way on all the forums I use now.

7. Tetris L

Tetris L Smartass

:lol: :stupid: ;)

How is HTK doing, btw?

8. Zaphrod

Who is HTK?

9. Tetris L

Tetris L Smartass

Oooops, I always thought you were HTK_Zaphod. HTK is a clan and HTK_Zaphod is posting on a few forums I frequent.

10. Snipeo

Snipeo Happy lil Camper

I expect that you wont need a ninja processor, but as always with a game server, RAm and expecialy bandwidth are important. I forsee a drop in the number of privately run and own servers :/ Thats life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.