Ued turns white in the work windows

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

.Nova.

Hate
Feb 25, 2001
Denmark
www.planetunreal.com
Whenever I open UnrealEd the main window turns white
I still get the toolbars and buttons.

I'd really apreciate any kind of help you could give me. I really want to finish my map :(

Btw, I can only get the drop down menu from files, none of the others work.

And it doesn't matter which map I open, they turn to that screen. :(

[SHF]Mort

Jan 8, 2002
Nottingham
homepage.ntlworld.com
Dissapearing Viewports

Yeah this used to happen to me all the time....

All that has happened is your viewports have dissapeared, if you go to view->viewports->add this will replace them, don't ask me why this happens but I think it is the Unrealed.ini going gaga!

smeerkat

Hello, old friend...
Mar 10, 2001
Canada
www.kens.net
Weird thing happened to me: I had my INF Unrealed open, and I was running INF as well. But I noticed there was another folder in my toolbar, called "Progress..." :confused:

I clicked on the folder, and my Unrealed shut down by itself. Then when I restarted Unrealed, I got the white screen of death. So I had to go to View > Viewports > Configure, but it was running sluggishly.

Can anyone explain the "Progress" folder, and how it might be connected to INF?

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
Its basically like a temp folder created when UEd does builds and stuff that are too complex for the program to keep in virtual memory and so dumps stuff till it can get to it... or something like that.

I get it when i do rebuilds on big maps, Windows doesn't exactly recognise it as another window when it is finished, but UEd still wants it so it crashes.

If you open any other windows when UEd is rebuilding or something, it'll do the white window thing, normally when its done it'll re-generate the windows, but if it doesn't, do whats been suggested above.