Two suggestions for UT2007

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

EL BOURIKO

May 24, 2005
if they drop the shield gun then they could maybe come up with a shield based adrenaline combo...
I personnaly like the shield gun (specially to jump higher or longer, and to attack on close combat, it can be one of the most powerful weapon in the melee), but I feel a bit lonely when i read what most of you guys are thinking about it :S

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
EL BOURIKO said:
if they drop the shield gun then they could maybe come up with a shield based adrenaline combo...
I personnaly like the shield gun (specially to jump higher or longer, and to attack on close combat, it can be one of the most powerful weapon in the melee), but I feel a bit lonely when i read what most of you guys are thinking about it :S

No offense, but it sounds like you've never used the UT Impact Hammer. It was a great jumping tool and intimidating as hell for melee. Hearing that thing screech and rumble while someone is running right around the corner at you with it will just about cause you to crap your pants. :lol:

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
Pineconeboy said:
1. Either get rid of the shield gun or nerf it a whole lot. The shield sucks.....

I've got some fun memories of the shield gun, either killing or being killed (if Arc looks in he'll know what i'm on about) ;)

The impact hammer has been mentioned though, i'm sure of it.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
hal said:
No offense, but it sounds like you've never used the UT Impact Hammer. It was a great jumping tool and intimidating as hell for melee. Hearing that thing screech and rumble while someone is running right around the corner at you with it will just about cause you to crap your pants. :lol:

Not to mention how damn efficient bots are with it.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Bumping a thread that is based on comments that are now outdated by what we currently know... Nice...

IH for teh win. 3x amp wouldn't bother me. Just make it spawn like once every 3 mins. Or totally randomize all the powerup spawn times completely. Not that I care too much, because the day TAM is ported to 2k7, it will own me muck like it does now.

Hopefully, the IH's auto-discharge sensitivity will be more like it was in UT. I can't kill a thing with the SG when my ping is over 50. Since it's melee, I feel it should have client side hit detection.

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
randomized pickups not good idea. might aswell not have pickups if they are completely random.

I think a better solution would be to make a newbie mutator that counts down all the major pickups for you. So everyone even people that don't have the patience to look at their ingame clock, can play the pickup game.

also, I don't want to get hit with an IH when the person is still not close enough to hit me with it. If IH has client hit detection then I want rockets and shock to have the same.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Little too devistating with anything thas has range, the only way I could imagine justifying it is because it's melee, and you gotta pysically touch the target (out-manuver him) and have you crosshair on it when doing so.

briachiae said:
might aswell not have pickups if they are completely random.

Just as good.

NwS-bbanks

May 28, 2005
if you want an upclose fight whats better than the sheild gun? maybe the secondary is annoying but if you played ctf and your a flag carrier you would knwo that ther os no way you can play the game without it. as for upclose figghting the primary is the best weapon. evryother weapon if you attack up close your gonna bloe yourself up. primary sheild takes skill and its the most upclose heartpounding battle youll get. you try and do up closew in your face wiht Rl and see what happens :lol: boom you both die :lol: