[TV] Battlestar Galactica

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Season 4 starts today at 9pm Central. I think they were supposed to show specials for the 2 hours before the episode starts but now it just shows the last 2 episodes of season 3 on my receiver. Oh well, they are starting right now if you want to watch to remember some things and season 4 is starting in two hours. :D

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
This is the last season. I'm glad to see someone finish a story instead of dragging it out for every dollar it's worth until the writing is utter horse****.

BTW - 10 more minutes !! hoorah !!

flo0tz

May 1, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
Just watched the ep. Whew! Fewer revelations than I would have hoped for, but still!

They made it seem that the whole space battle was orchestrated to make contact with Anders (or perhaps any other of the 4) as they pulled out right after they scanned him. Also, can anyone else see a massive Baltar orgy coming? And does anyone think they too obviously made Baltar into space-jesus?

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Iheard good things about this show. iv'e tried to watch it online a few times but just can't grasp it.

For one thing i can't find the first episode and for another it just seems to be about a guy having wet dreams about robot women?

I'll give ti a proper chance when i've gotten the dvd so i can see the thing from the start but... yeah. it's wierd.

On that note i've watched up to the last episode of both Stargate sg1 and stargate atlantis and both have rubbish final season episodes real "downers" what's that about?

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
...And does anyone think they too obviously made Baltar into space-jesus?

Haha, yeah, especially with the way his hair and beard was, but I don't really care at all. Some people say they hate the religious aspects of the show especially since it's scifi but I don't mind mystical stuff in my scifi at all. NGE ftw. ;)

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
On that note i've watched up to the last episode of both Stargate sg1 and stargate atlantis and both have rubbish final season episodes real "downers" what's that about?

You didn't like Unending? I loved it. Also, Atlantis is not on the final season yet, they've been renewed for a fifth season.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
Just watched the ep. Whew! Fewer revelations than I would have hoped for, but still!

They made it seem that the whole space battle was orchestrated to make contact with Anders (or perhaps any other of the 4) as they pulled out right after they scanned him.

Which doesn't make sense because no one knows who the final five are. So how did that Cylon raider know to turn and scan that Anders? Also if no one knows, then who threw the switch the activate them? Maybe it was pre-programmed? Then who did that? This whole 'final five' thing doesn't make any sense at all and it really bugs me. It had to have started somewhere. Besides, whats the point in finding the final five? Does the switch being turned on suddenly make them cylons? How else is Caprica-6 able to feel their presence? In the trailer for next weeks episode someone is saying that all 5 new cylons are in the fleet somewhere. How do they know that? I mean, its a given sure considering how the show works, but how do they know if they don't know who they are or where they are? Again, its irritating considering how much emphasis is being placed on these things and how little foreshadowing is being built up about them.

Maybe the whole attack was so that Kara could return? There are some serious things that she, or no one, can explain like the brand new raptor, 2 months missing, no flight nave data, etc. We all know that Cylons can program their sleepers to believe they are one thing when they are something else. This whole thing strongly hints at her being a Cylon of some sort.

I'm really hoping to see at least some of the final 4, soon to be 5, cylons fight their programming and continue on being the 'people' we know them to be.

Last edited:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
You didn't like Unending? I loved it. Also, Atlantis is not on the final season yet, they've been renewed for a fifth season.

It was okay, it struck me as a bit of a filler episode though a bit like the "last man" episode from atlantis. Stories where people who get sent to a horrible future to go back and make everything you've witnessed irrelevant are a bit... kinda pointless.

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
Iheard good things about this show. iv'e tried to watch it online a few times but just can't grasp it.

For one thing i can't find the first episode and for another it just seems to be about a guy having wet dreams about robot women?

I'll give ti a proper chance when i've gotten the dvd so i can see the thing from the start but... yeah. it's wierd.

Indeed,what's wrong with them ? Well,acutally following MGM's newest news,the 5th season of Stargate Atlantis is gonna be on TV in the USA July 2008.I dont watched the 4th season of Atlantis yet,only the 3rd,but I can't wait.However,I have seen all series of SG1,but not the movie The Ark Of Truth,also I can't wait to watch this movie.Anyway,Unending was a great series,the new weapons for the Odyssey aka hellish Railguns,first time they fragged a Ori battle ship by thir own power,not by a anomaly of a Stargate.Unfortunately,the Asgard homeworld has been destroyed,my father is really a fan of them.The series goes on,they were prisoned in a kind of a small time room,where the time go very slow over and suddenly they can change it and so on,they can escape the destruction of themself and finally they arrive at earth again and The Ark Of Truth takes at the end of the season 10.I think if you didn't watch the movie yet,just watch it and you will be impressed,really.The last series I saw of Atlantis was 'First Strike' and this was awesome,the flying city Atlantis,just marvellous,hell I wanna see the 4th season.At the moment,I'm very excited to get the DVD of The Ark Of Truth.:)

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Maybe the '4' were triggered by Starbuck's imminent return. Or even by being on the path to Earth. One of them just needs to walk up to Starbuck and hum "All Along the Watchtower" at her, and then we'll know if she's the fifth.

The raider scanning Anders was just a happy coincidence, otherwise the Colonial fleet would have been decimated. As soon as the Cylons realized these mysterious '5' were in the fleet, they had to call off the attack or risk destroying their own.

Weird coincidence that human-model Cylons have been hooking up with other human-model Cylons without even knowing it.

Figments of the imagination can cure viral encephalitis. Cool.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Am I the only one that has realized that there is two Cylon/Human babies? Does anyone even remember if Hera is the older one?

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
Am I the only one that has realized that there is two Cylon/Human babies? Does anyone even remember if Hera is the older one?

Hera is the older. She is the daughter of Boomer, who, as we know, was killed and then downloaded and created again. Since Boomer died Chief (forgot his name) essentially moved on. Cally and Chief were married and had their own son.

Oooh! I'll bet there will be an epic showdown between the two Hybrid Cylon children that will decide the fate of mankind! See, one can be on the side of the humans and the other will be on the side of the Cylons. Or one can represent God and the other Satan, or some such. In any case I fully expect lots of lasers and super God Jedi powers to be used to their fullest. At least one planet must be blown up.