Trouble Playing My UT Demo

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JiiJii

Apr 10, 2001
Visit site
I am having trouble getting a demo I recorded, of one of my recent rampages in UT, to play. The demo played just fine until I reinstalled UT. After uninstalling, reinstalling, and patching UT back to version 436; I copied my demo back into the UT System directory. I started UT up, brought up the system console window, and typed in "demoplay Gothictwo" like I had before to watch my demo. This time UT crashed and a Windows "Critical Error" window appeared containing a massive chunk of information. I want to be able to view this demo again but I have absolutely no idea what I could try to fix this problem. Any help, suggestions, advice, etc.. that anybody can offer me is highly appreciated. The following is all of the information that I feel might prove useful in diagnosing the problem. If you have any questions please drop me an E-Mail and I will reply ASAP. Thanks in advance.

Critical Error Screen Shot: http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/jiojaijoo/
Gothictwo Demo http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/jiojaijoo/

Demo File Name: Gothictwo.dem
Demo Length: 40.XX seconds
Demo Size: 858KB(879,411 bytes)
Demo Level: DM-Gothic(from retail cd)

UT Resolution: 1024x768
Desktop Resolution: 800x600

UT Color Depth: 32 Bit
Desktop Color Depth: 32 Bit

Recording Command: demorec Gothictwo
Playback Command: demoplay Gothictwo
Additional Playback Options Tried: ?3rdperson & ?loop
Stop Playback Command: stopdemo

UT Version Demo Recorded Under: 436
Other Version Tried: Fresh Install From Retail CD

Installed UT Mutators & Packs UT Bonus Packs 1,2,3,4
Lots of mutators are installed. The exact same mutators were present before uninstalling and after reinstalling UT. I kept all of the original UMOD and ZIP files so reinstalling them was a breeze and all mutators were accounted for and obviously the same versions.

Computer Specs --------------
Operating System: Windows 98 Second Edition
Graphics Card: VisionTek 64MB Nvidia GeForce2 Ultra
RAM: 512MB PC-150 SDRAM (2 256MB Dimms)
Sound Card: Creative SoundBlaster Live!
Processor: AMD Athlon 1.2GHz Socket A Thunderbird
Motherboard: Abit KT7A-RAID
Hard Drive: IBM 75GXP 75GB Hard Drive(not using raid)
CD-ROM: Pioneer DVD-116
CD-ROM: Plextor 121032

JiiJii

Apr 10, 2001
Visit site
Problem Resolved

My problem has been fixed. After somebody on another forum had me copy all of the ServerPackages lines into my new UnrealTournament.ini the demo loaded and plays perfectly.