Tread title edit request (owner only)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Well, the other vBulletin forums I visit has that. It's probably a usergroup functionality.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Epic forums is vBulletin and you can edit your thread titles there :eek:
They probably don't have custom groups/permissions like we deal with here. I'll ask Flak though, but you saw the comment from the vb dev. I know my way around the cp pretty well, so I'm pretty sure it's not as simple as a configurable option. I'm willing to try in case anyone stumbles across a plugin or a bit of code.

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
Unfortunately it's all or nothing which sucks. Either you allow it or you don't. You can't assign it to certain user groups. We chose to enable it for all since modders need to go back and edit their thread titles when they update their files. It's caused a few headaches.

One guy edited all 150 of his thread titles to say **** *** Flak. :p

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Virtually every hosted forum you see (and many you don't) involves a custom usergroup to assign permissions to allow access to private/testing forums.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Must've been a real biotch getting rid of that crap.

Uh, being a simple vBulletin moderator on another forum, I can tell you that easy has never been easier.
Find all threads by said user, click one check box (which is the one that'll check them all) and then move or delete accordingly.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
That's where you just rename the good ones and move the other ones to a bad hidden forum. Or just delete them. Out of those 150 I can't believe all of them were important. Also, Flak, how did he manage to manually rename 150 threads? That's insane. :D

Last edited: