translocator turret

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

moocow

Jun 5, 2001
Visit site
for some reason when i lay a beacon on a perfectly flat surface with plenty of room the turret will not appear but when the enemy does it pops right up. why is that?:mad:

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
I guess you mean the translocator disk. This can be caused by lag. I had it more than once that I fired, heard the sound but nothing happened. Another reason can be that there is not enough room for you to teleport. That happens when you try to xloc on ridges or other sneaky places

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Hit F6 when you are in game. You can see your ping and packet loss. As 8472 said, lag can cuase this problem, also a high ping and packet loss.

moocow

Jun 5, 2001
Visit site
NOT LAG

it isnt lag the game runs smoothly on my computer and i put it on flat land with more than enough room and i saw a computer drop a turret that had less room than where i planted mine

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
turret_.jpg

You're talking about the turret from the Chaos UT mod, yes?