Trailer feedback!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cold Killer

I will Kill Bill
Feb 24, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
Though I liked what I saw, it seemed much more like a "teaser" than a trailer. It's barely over a minute in length and the excessively long title and large amount of black space at the beginning made me depressed when I saw that a quarter of the trailer was over and I had yet to see any actual footage. The clips that were used, I feel, didn't do as great a job in conveying the great gameplay of DA as I would have liked, and I could see how someone could simply dismiss the game as being another generic shooter based solely upon what is shown in the trailer.

If there's time, I would really encourage the creation of a longer, more drawn-out trailer that showcases the action in a single map. If anyone remembers the trailer for Tactical Ops beta 2.0, you'd have an idea at what I'm getting at. A trailer showing the preparation of the defences seasoned with the occasional communication via a radio message and the subsequent silence before the storm, followed by a plethora of action clips of the battle, I feel, would be much more satisfying than the five clips shown in the trailer.

Sorry for sounding a bit harsh. I have no doubt the game will be just as fun as its predecessors. I simply didn't care for the trailer all that much;)

Dest

DA Team
Oct 6, 2004
bikini bottom tbh!
thx for feedback, but we couldnt do the trailer online cus of some little bugs (effects not showing online, which do show offline)

Its kinda the same idea we did in the da:ut trailer, which we started building a turret, placing mines and prepering for the incoming forces, and then had to fall back cus we got our ass kicked :)