too good to be true...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
You know that feeling, right?
When you stumble upon something/someone and it basically turns out to be a gold mine and then..after a long wait it doesn't happen. Last year seemed very hopeful you know...you think to yourself, because of lockdown people will have more time to go over their files and find something interesting, well I managed to get the very old unreal 2 alphas and some more misc content and there was also (unrelated to my efforts) a leak of Unreal Championship 2 a build you could run on the PC (without sound until someone would write a pc driver using the scattered sound files/compile them). It had some wip maps from older builds that i also converted so they could be played (minus missing packages of course). And earlier than those there was also the other unreal warfare leak(more or less) with most of the content from gdc 2002 except the bigger maps as the ctf mode was broken in that build and thus those maps were most likely ctf to begin with (even though they once had the cinematic version used for the unreal gdc 2002 technology video). .

But to me it was very good news and incredible that I managed to track down some people who worked on several cancelled addon-packs(official or semi official) for the original Unreal and even one UT one and that they have this content, three people in total, or more even, except it turned out they didn't have it with them and it was all somewhere in a storage that can't be reached during the lockdowns. Oops well that's the bad practical side of the lockdown when it comes to those things when it's in a different country or state. Well, I tried to be hopeful and wait for months until most of those people stopped communicating and it just ended up so bad the situation until I also lost roof above my head this year. Well, that's a rough way to end the dream.

I hoped to fully restore the former Unreal universe to its glory, had projects going (and was waiting for all that stuff patiently to come), until I was kicked out midway working on them/releasing them. I was doing so well..until...

i've been completely JUSTed

1470756995379.jpg

my face when realizing there will never be again a true "mission pack 2" or anything approaching it released this way.

https://imgur.com/r/dankmemes/xOGHqsR

I tried guys, tried so hard...and got so far, but in the end it doesn't even matter...
god, is that what chester really meant? Did he predict this?

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Linkin Park?
Yea but that's obvious following my second quote. I used to listen to them and stopped shortly around 2008 or 2009.
To me they didn't exactly go the direction I would have liked to see, I enjoyed it when they were still trying to break new ground in one way or the other and "mtm" was a bit divisive to me but I know that what I heard from their next full album was outright atrocious and even though there may or may not have been songs later that were objectively better or not, to me it wasn't them anymore and I suppose they often went too far in the pretentious direction for me to stand especially as I was growing older and more bitter. So yea...it definitely wasn't something I could relate to anymore.

I saw some weird videoclip of them in the recent past that featured all kind of symbolism. That had me go all "???" honestly because it was strangely personal as well but it just fucking weirded me out man.
But I really couldn't care about most of their stuff anymore. They were kind of a "guilty pleasure" for me in my teenage years and young adulthood but that's it really.
Yea I know Chester died and stuff but at the time he did I didn't really care about his music anymore so I guess it wasn't as impactful to me as it should have been. I suppose if it happened during what I saw as their prime then yea..it sucks man but I just didn't feel it as much as if I was still invested in them.
Which is weird because I felt more emotions when George Michael died honestly.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
He died way after I lost the interest so no. Unlike with prodigy. But I haven't heard anything past Chester LP related (if they even do stuff still, I dunno).

So it was still a decade before he died when I started to lose interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.