Tomorrow's my bday

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jenkins

America's Greatest Kitten Mitten
Apr 24, 2000
Irving, Tx, USA
jljenkins.cjb.net
I've already got 100 bucks and am sure to get more. I want to upgrade my pc, any ideas on what I should do??

Right now ive got this:

AMD K6-2 350 MHz
64 megs pc100 ram
Voodoo Banshee 16 megs
3.8 gig hard drive
16x cd-rom drive

I'm pretty sure I'll get some more ram and a new cd-rom. Any other ideas?

-------

Jenkins
Check out my site

S

Stallion

Well, if you can live with that small of a hard drive, then thats great. For what money you'll be getting, I'd say upgrade to 128 meg of ram (makes a HUGE difference for gaming)! And upgrade to a Voodoo3 2000. The 2000's are easier on the wallet than the TNT2s and they are better for Unreal/UT aswell.

bullet2.gif

Chris «Stallion» Lambert
clambert@gamespy.com
ModCentral/PlanetUnreal

Cammy

Nymphomaniac
Nov 24, 1999
Singapore
Visit site
Happy birthday, Jenkins. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Yes. Get a 128-Mb RAM. Hey, before I forget, any updates on your Unreal Duke level?

bullet2.gif

Shake it, baby!

Jenkins

Apr 24, 2000
Irving, Tx, USA
jljenkins.cjb.net
Hey thanks a lot guys. I'm sure I'm going to get around another 100 to 170 dollars... but I heard that a single pc100 64 meg chip is running a small fortune now. I don't have UT so, I won't be trying to upgrade for that. Anyone know how much a V3 is running now?

Liquid_Sin: I love that little baby picture, ROCK!!

Cammy: right now I'm not exactly editing that map, want me to send w/ the textures for ya? You can update and stuff if you like.

MrHyde: Nice to see you here, was worried you wouldn't show up =)

-------

Jenkins
Check out my site

BTW, today's my 18th, wow what at time in my life!! Oh yeah, how do you make the smiley faces? I haven't seen where to do that yet.

Voyd-

Nov 24, 1999
Visit site
a v3-2000 is less than 100. best bang for the buck.

for the smileys and faces just do the appropriate keystroke like u normally would and they show up /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/redface.gif

Jenkins

Apr 24, 2000
Irving, Tx, USA
jljenkins.cjb.net
I finished up w/ $240 and I got myself a Voodoo 3 3000, but ram was $150 for a pc100 64 megs chip, BULLS**T. So, im waiting for this saturday and will try and get ram at an army base in San Antonio.

I installed the card and guess what, 20 fps flyby in 800x600. That shouldn't be right, right?

Voyd-

Nov 24, 1999
Visit site
dont expect 60fps with an amd 350, but you should be getting at least 40 in 800x600. as your renderer pick Glide for Windows.

Voyd-

Nov 24, 1999
Visit site
wtf...unless that crappy AMD is even worse than it sounds (sorry), it shouldnt be that low. im pretty sure Liquid Sin gets 40fps with a p2-333 and a v3-2000.

Jenkins

Apr 24, 2000
Irving, Tx, USA
jljenkins.cjb.net
I know what you are talking about. But my system runs great! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif I thinking about getting an AMD K7 when it comes out, hopefully... I might get a job soon and I'm going to upgrade my shiznit soon enough.

Jenkins