ToggleUI

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Softice/MASM reverse engineer
Dec 29, 2003
The Netherlands
www.6000068.tk
A guy i know is makin a vid... and he wondered if he could hide the HUD to make it all more neat. So i said "sure u can"... and i told him to use the ToggleUI console command. But errr... it doesnt work he tells me. So i go in a game... press 6 (my old keybind for ToggleUI) and indeed.. NO GO!

Im puzzled... how come... i SURE it worked befor (months ago). So i dig around a bit and run into this:

Changes from version 6497-7710 of Unreal II XMP: Fix for ToggleUI exploit (you can still toggleUI while spectating, but not while playing)

Excuse me.... its an EXPLOIT? I thought it was a feature... how could hiding the hud be an exploit?

Anyways... bla bla bla... to the point. Anyone here knows a way to quickly hide the hud for a movie without runnin old version 6497?
(sure i know there are more then one ways to Rome)

Thanks for any advise in advance...

Dec 29, 2003
The Netherlands
www.6000068.tk
OnYx(DCSB) said:
Only way to toggui is in spectator mode in version 7110. Srry to burst your bubble mate.

Nah its ok man... besides i got that far already :). Hmm.. so no other 'simple' way to do it... (console command).

Of course there are other ways... i mean one can shift positions on the screen of hud items and all... but thats a bit more complicated (one had to mod the client for this)

OnYx(DCSB)

Jolt Adm1n
Mar 15, 2004
Yea I've seen that. So maybe using the same ethics you can 'hide' all the hud whilst playing instead of just shifting positions?
Not something i've really looked into as I only use toggleui when spec'in to take screenshots for sigs and stuff.

Loqa

Dec 13, 2001
the low lands
Visit site
It is not "easy" but sertainly doable. Go in the UIScripts folder in U2XMP and open U2HUD.ui <<Backup the entire folder first>> I believe the second section [TopPieces] gives you all elements of the HUD. Test out what does what by commenting them out with ";", like it is already used in the file a lot.

Dec 29, 2003
The Netherlands
www.6000068.tk
Loqa said:
It is not "easy" but sertainly doable. Go in the UIScripts folder in U2XMP and open U2HUD.ui <<Backup the entire folder first>> I believe the second section [TopPieces] gives you all elements of the HUD. Test out what does what by commenting them out with ";", like it is already used in the file a lot.

Thank YOU very much! Now i gotto find a way to make my friend apply this (without me having to do it ;))

THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.