Thread reply emails...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I haven't changed my settings and probably six months ago or so I stopped receiving them. Well, today, they just started coming in again. I changed nothing; not settings or my email. When I wasn't getting them months ago, I checked my profile to see if I had it set to send them, and sure enough I had them turned on. I just figured something was screwed up. Apparently things are fixed now. What was wrong in the first place? :con:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Well, now it seems they keep coming even though I've told it not to send them. I used to rely on those emails, but since I haven't gotten them for months I got used to them not clogging up my inbox. I put the email thing on "No notification" last night but I still got emails from posts made today. :con:

Last edited:

Deathmaker

Balanced
Mar 29, 2001
Manchester, England.
I have the opposite problem; I've always received reply notifications no problem, however, the last couple of days I've not received any. I've not changed any settings either. :hmm:

Mychaeel

Turns2Ashes said:
I put the email thing on "No notification" last night but I still got emails from posts made today. :con:
As far as I know that setting only sets the default for new threads you post, but doesn't change the setting for threads you've already subscribed to. (For that matter, you can specifically subscribe to any thread even if you have that setting set to "no notification.")

You'll have to manually unsubscribe from any threads you've previously subscribed.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Deathmaker said:
I have the opposite problem; I've always received reply notifications no problem, however, the last couple of days I've not received any. I've not changed any settings either. :hmm:
Same here. Not a big issue, just a bit annoying

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
I guess anyone experiencing the problem should really report it here so count me in too. Stopped getting them a while back and still no sign :(

Luckily I'm pretty diligent visiting the forums ;)

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
?

Thanks for starting this thread... because I was about to start one with this topic.

Since the changes were made to the board(s) or sometime around there I have not been receiving email notifications to subscribed threads as set up in my usercp/options.

By the look of this thread it appears the situation is a bit chronic. Any help from the admins. would be appreciated as I hate missing out on my BU Forums stuff.

Thanks......

Last edited:

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Still nothing.
I even went to my subscribed threads list and checked all to instant notification(yesterday)

Just noticed "Thread Subscription" in advanced reply page was set to "No email notification"
I have it set to email me by default in my UserCP options

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Now it seems I only get emails for some threads but not for others. This is one of the few that I'm getting emails from. :con: :lol:

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Well I've just removed every subscribed thread from my CP... Let's see if that does anything for it :404:

[EDIT] [UPDATE] Still nada :(

Last edited: