Thoughts on Assault...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kabs-BUB

Oct 11, 2005
I still like assault, more than onslaught, but I don't like the idea of them getting mixed....

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Kabs-BUB said:
I wonder how many players would be the max??
bots??
32 seems to be a practical limit, but in theory, infinite.

Most maps will probably be catered to 16 or less, as with anything more, the traffic useage starts to get nasty, but I don't doubt we'll see 32-man maps. Maybe even 64 if the network code is a real piece of work.

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
Dark Pulse said:
Maybe even 64 if the network code is a real piece of work.

Ouch, if it was the max, bots would seriously stress the computer with 64 of them running around...

Vault

May 29, 2005
were talking about conquest right? thats supposed to be 8 teams.....so 64 players is 8 person teams.....32 players...4 person teams...and oh god forbid...16 players? 2 person teams...

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Personally I always thought AS was the best gametype in UT - could never get enough of it.

2k4 AS is teh suck though and I rarely if ever play it. One good map is RobotFactory and I've not seen many others worth playing. For me, it was the vehicles that ruined AS as it really slowed down the game and made it less dynamic imho.

It won't be missed in 2k7 from my perspective anyways :)

Kabs-BUB

Oct 11, 2005
:rockon::rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
my headbanging yellow devil worshipers shall convert you .
will you follow??
try using a mainframe-maybe 2000 bots??

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
The AS maps that mappers spent time on creating were awesome, unfortunately many the maps that took a whole 3 hrs to construct were the ones most played :(.

As long as Conquest doesn't focus too much on vehicles, and is structured like that demo video, then it might bring back more of the Assault feel... Least that’s what I'm hoping.

I hope they do end up calling it Unreal Warfare like someone mentioned, because there is an actual game out there called Conquest… Conquest: Frontier Wars to be exact.