Those Blasted Warnings!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CaptainWierdBeard

Jul 23, 2004
First off-

Thanks, ProAsm for this marvellous mod! Very slick!

Now to the nitty gritty...

Though I am not a super experienced admin, I consider myself fairly competent in this stuff... Anyway, I have just upgraded from UT2Vote42 to UTVote43. I am noticing MANY errors in the log. To be honest, I am not sure if they were present in UTVote42, but hey! Here's what they look like:

Warning: UT2VoteGameRules ONS-FrostBite.UT2VoteGameRules (Function UT2Vote43.UT2VoteGameRules.NetDamage:03C1) Accessed None 'Controller'
Warning: UT2VoteGameRules ONS-FrostBite.UT2VoteGameRules (Function UT2Vote43.UT2VoteGameRules.NetDamage:03C1) Accessed None 'Controller'
(By the way, I am new to posting in these forums so please forgive any violations of etiquette or style. :rolleyes: )

I get the same warnings with every game. Since there are no timestamps on log entries I cannot tell if they are throughout the game or just in the beginning. With me as the only player on this server, I get over 300 of these messages in each game.

Oh- and I just noticed a couple of these as I allow my soldier to get his butt whipped while I type this entry.

Warning: ONSTeamAI ONS-FrostBite.ONSTeamAI (Function Onslaught.ONSTeamAI.CriticalObjectiveWarning:00DD) Accessed None 'EventInstigator'
Warning: ONSTeamAI ONS-FrostBite.ONSTeamAI (Function Onslaught.ONSTeamAI.CriticalObjectiveWarning:00EC) Accessed None 'EventInstigator'

Any idea what I might be missing or where to look for more info?

Thanks again for this great utility!
-The Captain

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Hi Captain,
Well first off these are not errors but just warnings.
Most warnings are Map dependant and especially with Maps that authors have set how many Bots should play on a map when 99% of servers only have one Bot present.
It is not uncommon to have your logfile swell to MANY megabytes with Warnings of every discription.
The best thing to do in this case is in the servers UT2004.ini file:

[Core.System]
Suppress=Warning

That will take care of 90% of those beasties :)

CaptainWierdBeard

Jul 23, 2004
Thanks very much, ProAsm!

Wasn't sure how much to worry about these guys. I may just suppress warnings since it is not a (very) public server. -Just a bunch of my pals from work on my wee server at home.- And everything seems to work fine...

Thanks again!
The Captain