This... a Car?!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
Automatic Kafka said:
Yeah it's a smart car. So sexxy. There ae alot of them in England. They're great for driving around towns.
Lols, I've never seen one. Then again, we seem to get more Porsches rolling down our high street than even cheap BMWs. I saw two different black Astons in one day last week, and not long ago I had the honour of parking in Waitrose opposite a beautiful Merc SL65 AMG... the sexiest thing I've ever seen. :')

Vers Vlees

Oohhh a custom title
Nov 30, 2002
The Netherlands
www.versvlees.owns.it
aha a Smart. That car has been on the road in Euro nation for quite sometime now but they recently exported it to the US/Canada. Apparently yankee and canucks tourists were quite charmed by its cuteness.
Quite small even for Euro standards. There is a newer version of it the Smart Fourfour which as the names suggest a 4 seater. (Ned car used to make these Smarts)
These cars do seem to have a questionable reputation in maintance. often if something breaks down you have to replace it completely. Not only the specific part but also the stuff around it. The early types also had a problem with a ****ty cilinder head which often resulted into a total engine swap to fix it. Another thing is that atleast in the Netherlands you can only repair your smart at the officiall Smart service centers. Also that thing even for it light size is ****ing slow. I mean a old fashion diesel car can accelerate faster then it. plus I wouldnt dare to drive this thing on the highways.

too be honest I would never ever drive such a small car. First I want to be surrounded by STEEL and the car should atleast weigh a 1000 KG's.
Think about it Do any Yanks or Canucks dare to drive that smart in the traffic with the SUV's and big sedans.
2 doors and 2 seats seriously and where do keep my dead bodies I mean stuff in its small trunk.
And its a tiny car hell even I find it small and im from Euronation.
God I hate small cars they are just like small dicks and titties.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Deadpool_1-0 said:
I saw a ton of those in Italy during my trip last week.

I am not suprised. Mini coppers are even getting exported here too.
SirYawnalot said:
... a beautiful Merc SL65 AMG... the sexiest thing I've ever seen. :')

May i suggest the Mercedes SLR?

Last edited:

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
First time I saw one of those in Brussels a couple summers ago I thought it was some kid's decked out gocart...until I realized it was a car :con:

Hey, I'll take ugliness over gas expenses any day though.

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
A long long way from home...
It's just a small engined, small car for living in a city:)

Fluid said:
Actually, Mercedes was in hot water not that long ago because their cars did in fact tilt over in such cases. No idea if the Smart ever suffered from that, though.
Kinda, that was the 1st run of A-clases that toppled over when they did that quick direction changing test (drive real fast through lots of cones) can't remember what the test was called :D

Smart = Swatch Mercedes Art for those that are wondering ;)
http://www.smart.com

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Fluid said:
Actually, Mercedes was in hot water not that long ago because their cars did in fact tilt over in such cases. No idea if the Smart ever suffered from that, though.

Edit: at least, I'm pretty sure it was Mercedes. Will need to look into this to verify.

Yeah their A-Class failed the socalled "elandtest" or "moosetest" in English. They fixed it by mounting different suspension.

The Smart never suffered from falling over because the weightpoint in the car is very low. It sortof has a double chassis, where the lower chassis act as a savetycage. The engine will slide under the passenger area when you have a full frontal collision. They're tough little cars, search for a video called "Smart crashing into concrete wall" on Google.
Also the body pannels are removable, so you can have a different colour in no time.
But in the end it's a too small car that looks like a handicaped cart, they suck I mean who wants a car build by a watchmaker...
Btw, there also are 2 other Smart models:

Smart Roadster:
smart_roadster.jpg

Smart Four Four:
front.jpg

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Yap it`s a Smart ForTwo, in Austria there are many of these on the streets. The "normal" version is pretty lame power but the Brabus 75bhp version is really funny. I have gotten a video of some guys putting a Superbike engine in one of these, that`s a rocket :lol:

Personally not my kind of favorite car but it`s good for the city, you can park almost everywhere with it :tup:

Many women drive such a car.... :D

They also have a hardcore convertible version of it called crossblade, a bigger version called ForFour and a sports car, called roadster.

Here some pics:

ForTwo (pink edition!!!):
[screenshot]http://news.caradisiac.com/IMG/jpg/Smart-ForTwo-Pink-Edition.jpg[/screenshot]

Crossblade:
[screenshot]http://arabam.milliyet.com.tr/fuar/2002/cenevre/smart_crossblade_xx.jpg[/screenshot]

ForFour:
[screenshot]http://arabam.milliyet.com.tr/fuar/2003/frankfurt/smart_forfour_xx.jpg[/screenshot]

Roadster (normal and coupè):
[screenshot]http://auto.sohu.com/piclib/daimler/smart/roadster/big/SmartRoadster020.jpg[/screenshot]

btw, I really love my roadster, great grip, good accelaration, great sitting position, etc.
This car definitaly makes fun :tup:

EDIT:
Instaposted with B *lol*, had to work while writeing the post :p

EDIT2:
Daedalus said:
The Smart Roadster actually looks really sweet and I wouldn't mind driving it.
word :p

Last edited by a moderator:

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
i think theyre ugly sure, but i wouldnt have a problem with them if it wasnt for *******s who think they are allowed park them like this:
untitled1pl.jpg

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
anaemic said:
i think theyre ugly sure, but i wouldnt have a problem with them if it wasnt for *******s who think they are allowed park them like this:
untitled1pl.jpg

Why exactly are you an ******* for parking like that?

Parking like that could help cities like Amsterdam that have a parking problem. There are too many cars and not nearly enough parkingspots. This way 2 cars fit on 1 spot. So it's stupid to make parking like that illegal.
Now all they need to do is find a way for people to actually buy these cars, the only people driving them now are brokers and advertizing company's.

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
because no matter how much the advertisements try to gloss it over your car still sticks out a foot or two out of the parking bay, and into incoming traffic

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
anaemic said:
[Screenshot]
Many ppl in Austria park that way with t(h)is car without getting punished ;)

If you sit in it it`s weird:
if you look forward you have the feeling of a "normal" car, if you look backwards....you begin to laugh :lol:

EDIT:
B said:
Now all they need to do is find a way for people to actually buy these cars, the only people driving them now are brokers and advertizing company's.
That`s because it`s way too expensive for it`s size. For a convertible with 55bhp and some goodies you have to pay approx. 17.000 Euro!
Many ppl think that they can buy a "real" car with that money, but as said above in Austria many women have this car as "second" car for the city

Last edited by a moderator:

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
anaemic said:
because no matter how much the advertisements try to gloss it over your car still sticks out a foot or two out of the parking bay, and into incoming traffic

Yeh ok that's true, it's a pain in the ass when they stick out onto the road. But then again, alot of the cars parked normally also do that...