1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

There's something wrong with this picture.

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by Demosthanese, Jan 30, 2004.

1. spm1138

spm1138 Irony Is

Cheers Beppo.

I can see how it wouldn't have come up in beta but on a pub server it can be a little frustrating.

2. Beppo

Beppo Infiltration Lead-Programmer

ok some players and a server are needed to test this one out...

it works in a very very simple way:
    - at the end of a round all players are stored in a list and saved
    - at the time a player logs in the list is checked:
    -- if the Playername WAS found then the bPlayersBalanceTeams option is turned OFF
    -- if the Playername WAS NOT found then the bPlayersBalanceTeams option is turned ON

so, players stick to their currently selected team if they are still "known" by the server from the last round. If not then standard balancing jumps in for them.

This "should" work actually ;)

Please test and report back here if it worked out or not, thanks.

Attached Files:

3. {GD}Odie3

{GD}Odie3 You Give Odie a Boner

Okay going to try this out! With your Admin Switch this should make things very nice!

4. {GD}Odie3

Okay, it is now running on GD. After I restarted the server to get TeamStay to enable the guys voted for a new map. They all stayed on the same team (there was only 8 people on I think). So far so good.

5. {GD}Odie3

Okay still running good Beppo. Thanks for the great mutators!

6. spm1138

spm1138 Irony Is

Three cheers for Sentry :D

7. {GD}Odie3

Okay, the not changing cammo's happen on GD tonight. The server was full and I switch one player on my side for a GD that was on the other side. When my team mate came over he still had the other teams cammo on.

He reconnected and respawned and his cammo was okay then.

On a side note, the TeamStay is working very will on GD. So far no real issues. Once I use Admin Switch, TeamStay keeps us in sync threw out map changes. Playing as a clan just got easier and better - Thanks Beppo!

8. Beppo

Beppo Infiltration Lead-Programmer

good to hear!

For the camo stuff... as said in the other thread already... this can happen if the available bandwidth is not enough to replicate the camos 'in time'. Switching the player two times again or reconnecting should work to 'fix' the camos normally cause the chances that this happens two times in a row are very rare.