The use of crouch walking...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What's your use for crouch walking?

• Mostly to move around behind cover

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Mostly to sneak around

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Never use it if i can help it

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aequi

ballistically challenged
Apr 23, 2001
Denmark, duh
Visit site
use it all the time, which i know because my ghost can almost never fly :)

For better aim...
For a reduction in footstep noice
For lowering the size of my hitbox

Though the use is less if i am using an unscoped weapon.
...almost always drop to crouch while bringing up the scope to aimed mode.

I use sound as much as possible, so being quite is both to help me hearing more and to lessen others ability.

Where do i vote?

wwwwww

Mar 26, 2001
I use it for sneaking.. but its not as sneaky as it sounds. When you do it you cant hear yourself, however its decieving becuase opponents can infact hear you

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
the biggest problem with crouch is that 1 bullet usually kills u since people aim for the chest, and ur chest is a head when crouched ;)

i use it for a fewthings:
long/medium ranged shots
when i am behind cover, i crouch when reloading
i crouch when behinc cover so i can change position withouth being seen --> then set an ambush at my previous position :)
when sniping, cuz prone is too much " plz shoot me " right now

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
/me is sneaky bastard who likes sneaking

Originally posted by Rostam
the biggest problem with crouch is that 1 bullet usually kills u since people aim for the chest, and ur chest is a head when crouched ;)

that might explain why guys who drop to one knee keep getting ganked by guys who rush.
it aint right but... bleh, whatchagonnado :p

Feb 26, 2001
England
Sound in UT is horrible, in most other games (counter Strike, Q3 etc) I can tell exactly where someone is by the sound. In UT I'm wondering if they are even near me..

I'd love the sound in Inf to be as accurate as CS, I know I could get kills through walls just by sound.

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
I use it mainly for sneaking and going from place to place when I am pinned down... except in EnemyAtTheGates... my friend and I run everywhere in that map. (Getting caught in an air strike or hit by a random grenade is something you should avoid)