The Time Machine...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

(:Tierra:)

¿teh_huh¿
Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
anyone see it? i saw it tonight and i must say i thought it was an awesome movie. just when he was traveling through time and the land around him kept moving faster into the future was cool. the plot was ok, but i still liked the movie :p I recomend it :tup:

GenoOfTheCrayon

l33t 14 year old with an iron sight RC50
Sep 30, 2001
Middleof Nowhere
Visit site
They messed up on one thing though. It's a long time into the future, so when he arrives there could be a mountain where he was before, or he could be 500 feet into the air, or at the bottom of an ocean, or even inside a person who was unlucky!

(:Tierra:)

¿teh_huh¿
Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
*SPOILER :) *
well, the whole point of the machine was to save his girlfriend and if she was saved the machine would be there already so he wouldnt need to build it

peachz

BANNED
Sep 7, 2001
Mmmm... zen....
HRMPH. :mad:

I was going to go see it tonight but there was a huge storm, the power was out everywhere, and we got free tickets for next weekend. I'm split between Ice Age and Time Machine.

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
Geno, they kind of covered that. During the advanced erosion section, he gets buried for a great deal of time, not to mention the second ice age that covers him in ice for a time.

I thought the movie was okay. They had some great scenery in it, and the acceleration of time was handled pretty well (with a few minor sections that I have quibbles about). Unfortunately, I think they killed the movie that this could have been in the editing room, or they should have shot more movie.

*Spoilers below*
They didn't set up the inevitablility of his fiancees death well enough to propel the rest of the movie. Then, after his two trips back, he almost forgets why he's even travelling (and don't forget that we're only talking about a matter of days in his time). More setup and maybe some more exploration on his quest to find out why he can't save his fiancee would have made this a much better movie.

A little to short, but the Morlocks were great, and the Eloi village was excellent. Pearce also does a fair job.

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
Read the book when I was a kid.

Too bad I can't go see movies in theatres... it's just not feasible for me. I can't drive, I have no cash, no friends committed to seriously doing anything with me...

####in A, I need to get out of this rut. Wish I could record. My eyes burn from holding back the tears.

D.I.Y., Dead Inside You, holding out with what's true.
D.I.Y, Dead Inside You, preaching out to the nation of who? (YOU!)

I think I have a new band name. Too bad I can't record any of these tracks (3 total) in my head.

Told yah I was a machine.