The Secret Armory Of General Knoxx Reviewed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Gamespot is among the first to review Borderlands' SAMOGK (sorry... not spelling it out!) DLC, scoring it a 9/10. The previous two - Zombie Island and Moxxi - scoring an 8 and a 6, respectively, by comparison.

Did I mention they did away with install limits?

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Well deserved score based on the amount of content they're pushing into the price-point they've used in the past.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
The DLC is loads of fun. I've played about 8 hours so far. Nothing like a Meat Popsicle jumping out and attacking you when you check a fridge for loot.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
The DLC is loads of fun. I've played about 8 hours so far.

I've played about 3 and I'm pretty happy with it. The person who does Scooter's voice had too much fun I think. I was very happy to see the return of the stylized character intros.

Am I the only person who's finding the probes on the highway to be real annoying. Also, it's amusing that the patrol cars on the highway ignore you if you're not riding in a car. Speaking of which, I love the Monster's autolocking cluster rockets :D

I really wish they would lower the price on the Moxxi DLC at this point.

U

Unregistered

Am I the only person who's finding the probes on the highway to be real annoying. Also, it's amusing that the patrol cars on the highway ignore you if you're not riding in a car. Speaking of which, I love the Monster's autolocking cluster rockets :D

The patrol cars will ignore you even if you are in a vehicle, as long as you do no damage to them. This includes ramming them, so try to steer around them, once you get tired of killing them. Which you certainly will- with no fast travel options that I'm aware of and a tremendous amount of highway between a lot of locations, this DLC requires a whole lot of driving up and down the highway before you're done.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
There are lots of meat popsicles. The one on the bottom of T-Bone Junction hurts bad though. Hal and I got him stuck and shot him for 5 minutes or so before he died.

On a side note, Ren, that Pestilent Defiler is ultra rape...

Miko

Miko No Pants
Jul 2, 2004
Flopping in bed
I just happened to be roaming the bottom of T-Bone Junction and found that room and was like "Whats in here?" and only being lvl 53 at the time. I found him and he found me and I ran like bitch because I wasn't going to die to an overpowered midget.

I also had a Pestilent Defiler, But its lvl 27 and my siren is lvl 48. So I kindly gave it to a friend and now have a Maliwan Firehawk that does nearly 200 damage which is nice for a repeater pistol.

Last edited:

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
The patrol cars will ignore you even if you are in a vehicle, as long as you do no damage to them. This includes ramming them, so try to steer around them, once you get tired of killing them. Which you certainly will- with no fast travel options that I'm aware of and a tremendous amount of highway between a lot of locations, this DLC requires a whole lot of driving up and down the highway before you're done.

Yeah there wasn't a fast travel pylon in Dr. Ned (or I haven't found anything other than the starting point). Which is really annoying since I like the scale of both packs, but if I have to drive back and forth between the hub and everything that's going to get old real fast.

Entr0p1cLqd

May 25, 2004
The lack of New-U stations is a killer. If they release any more expansions of this sort of size then I really hope they start including New-U stations as standard (and retro-fit it to previoud DLCs).

I think the general is my fave character from the latest DLC so far.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
On a side note, Ren, that Pestilent Defiler is ultra rape...

Sure is! My Hunter is fully spec'ed for gunslinger, plus I have the armor piercing skill. Add on top of that the +X% Corrosion mod, and I go through lances like butter.

...and if I happen to run into a Chemical Lance, then I have a shock revolver that is a very close second to the Defiler (can't remember it's name). Of course, I've also got my trusty Valcano to fall back on.

Last edited:

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site