The REAL damage that the aimbot has done...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WasHighPingDuck

Experienced
Nov 30, 2000
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Visit site
Hi Terminal,

If "they literally Ruin the game for others that are only out for a little fun to pit their skillz and reflexes against other actual people. "
Then you will take the 10 seconds it takes to hit ~ and type "demorec cheater" and hit ~ again and continue playing.
Want a better view then join their team and view from their eyes.
No time or effort.

I keep a favorites list of good servers, it's easier to find your friends that way. (Gamespy is very useful for this)
I dump servers that I do not encourage fair play and mutual respect.
I play for fun and find many people give what they get.
Lots of new people that just don't know any better but we were all there at one time. I try to encourage good tactics with "GJ" never use Good For You "GFY". ;)

Terminal wrote "The notions of fairplay and good sportmenship are INCREIBLY lacking in todays gamming comunity, no matter the game, wich saddens and disgusts me all at the same time. =("
This is just not my experience at all!
I have played against many good fun clans, lots of them with their own servers CTF and instagib CTF.

Keep looking, while the hyper competitive top rung hungry ladder clans may not be everyones choice they have their place for those that enjoy the pressure.
There are lots of equally talented people that play for fun and cheating isn't part of it.

It's a game, have fun! :)

Last edited:
G

ill Keep looking

But i really dont DO clans. im a self styled Anti-clanner, what you see there as a clan tag is me having sport of them. You see, im the ONLY one in that "clan". =)-
(can multiple personalities make you your own clan?)

If i could find a clan that actually knew Teamwork, and more inportantly USED it and were honerable players il'd consider it. but i havnt found one, of corse i havnt really been looking either sooo... whatever. :)

G

ITs a cheet

a "bot" that overlays on your character allowing for perfect auto aiming that certrian MEGA scumbag lamma's
use becasue thirz skilz SUCK and they cant Stand to loose.

SadaraK

Groving in UT since 1999
Jan 1, 2001
UK
You forgot to mention that the newest versions of the llama cheat also have a radar built in and Iv even heard that it auto dodges for them!!

Pretty soon they will be at a point where they dont even touch the mouse and keyboard (unless its to spam abuse :(

(UJE)SJ

May 18, 2001
Stonehenge, England
Visit site
I really hope something is sorted soon. I was playing on Barrysworld Insta DM servers earlier .. and all I got (as well as all the other players) was spam and abuse from some guy called <spoon>_Pombaer who claimed to be XLC (I thought those jack-asses weren't around anymore?).

Barrys are like my favourite servers .. damn .. I just get so angry and then stop playing ut b/c these ppl take the fun out.

Plus, Im always sceptical of someone with a dodgy or provocative name.

Im no newbie, or anything, I just dont trust some people.

Mind you, you do meet reguarly with ppl and clan peeps when you play on certain servers alot, and you get to know and trust them which is good.

Its just when things get dodgy/bad it usually does so in style.

SJ.

<code blue>l

May 18, 2001
Well, whadoyouknow...EXOTIC DANCER is in fact a mO cheater according to Fusion, who the hell can you trust these days?!! :redeemer: :redeemer:

DEATHLRD

The Game don't wait
Dec 5, 2000
aimbot bull****

I totally agree that aimbot is f**king up servers. I mainly use the rocket launcher and even with that I've been accused of using aimbot.

By the way, is it true that Mr. X uses an aimbot? I remember him talking **** to me about how he was like #2 in the world after I kicked his ass in his own server!

RALGT2

Feb 21, 2001
Visit site
Hey guys I hae to break it to ya but there is a new aimbot out that is designed to work on cshp servers only....and it is about the best aimbot out.........How i know is because i have seen it in action and it works with about 95% accuracy.....and has a lag compensation for the laggy servers........the best thing now is to play non cshp servers because most of hte aimbotters will be on the cshp servers now.......here is one of the aimbotters stats.......
http://www4.ut.ngworldstats.com/fcgi-bin/Display?gt=UT&gm=ctf&uid=4274808&page=a&view=p

also the aimbot is called the elfbot

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Why is it....

That the good guys never seem to create software as fast as the bad guys? How come CSHP is the only form of aimbot protection, and they can't seem to keep up with the f**kers who produce bots?

Big giB

Keep out of reach of children.
Jul 28, 2000
BC, Canada
Visit site
Sigh, another aimbot thread. We all know the damage done :p If only the guy who created the aimbot fell into the red volcano in CTF_Eternal Caves when he was a baby boy...

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Aimbots haven't just gotten people to think that, when they're playing and usu. losing, the winner is using an aimbot or something cheap. The effect of aimbots is far more profound than that.

With each creation of CSHP, coders keep pumping out new versions of (or completely new) aimbots, and there doesn't seem to be an end to it. Talking to [K]CageRage yesterday, he said that there's a new aimbot out (ElfBot or summink like that) that actually does can't-miss shock combos. That is scary stuff (I'm drooling already ;) :p).

Will there be an end to aimbots for UT? Probably not until Epic does something about it...

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
That the good guys never seem to create software as fast as the bad guys? How come CSHP is the only form of aimbot protection, and they can't seem to keep up with the f**kers who produce bots?

To borrow a phrase from Computer and Network Security:
"Because Security is a Process, not a Product".

If you build a product that that doesn't proactively prevent cheating, then you will logically always be reacting to cheaters.

Yes, there's always going to be a new aimbot, cheat, exploit and whatnot. But instead of that wearing you down, consider the amount of those that have alread been stopped. Online play for most people is clean enough to be acceptable.

Athlon_2o0o

Apr 17, 2001
Originally posted by WasHighPingDuck
Play on servers that encourage mutual respect and relax some, a cheat only risks their own reputation.
Have fun. :)

I wish it was as easy as this. people like XLC-ShutTheFockUp don't care about their reputation and keep annoying people, every day, every year andhe just doesn't stop. How can u be so sick in your head that you like annoying people all the time? I can imagine it is fun for an hour or something, but day in day out?!?!?! Doesn't he get crazy of it ?!?!?!! I agree more with Terminal.

I always play last man standing and I was fourth till mid may. all the cheaters are getting my score now, look I'll tell you the stats for it:

DM-Loque-DM - cheater
¦¬¦êW¦¬¦Ø¦¬¦µñtË£F - cheater
UnReAL[GAY] - cheater
[XLC]GOD - cheater
H¡¦\/¦W¦¬¦Ø¦¬¦µñtË£F -cheater
¦¬¦êWHئ¬¦µñtË£F - cheater
«X£Ç» ShutThe****Up  - cheater
|CI|MAXIMUS - cheater
{BUF}Dominator{no1} - cheater
Just to call a few names! It is getting insane and there must be a way to stop it. Why don't they just remove every player who has a modified UTMenu.u ?

Last edited:

iridium

... loves Mr. Lamppost
Dec 11, 2000
UK
i think that for important matches that are played, both sides should record demos for the opposition to see. but the problem with that it any lag it might cause and the size of the files.

but if you are in a 1 on 1 then get the opposition to record a demo and send it to you. then you can tell if they are cheating or not. also if you are being accused then you could offer to record a demo to prove that you are not cheating.

:/ i dont know how hard it is to make it look like you arent cheating.

Hetemti

Bargain Brand Being
Oct 7, 2000
Visit site
I've gotten the "You're using an aimbot!" routine, too.

Just today, someone else joined, who's better than me, started catching up, so that guy said "See ya, aimbot losers!" and disconnected.

:(

As prevoiusly mentioned, the biggest problem with aimbots is that it kills off our newbie population...beginners think that moderate/good players are just cheaters, and give up the game.

pacman

Jun 2, 2001
Birmingham, UK
Visit site
my 2 cents worth

I stopped complaining about aimbotters a while back, and if i'm accussed of aimbotting I simply ignore the fool.

I do have a key bound to : say nice shot, did you make it yourself

Gets a few laughs and is a nod in the "You're Using An Aimbot" department.

Like others here (I'm sure) I have tested an Aimbot (it was on a private server, so no tears please) and I can't see what all the fuss is about, totally ripped out any fun that can be had with UT.

Pacman