The Prodigy

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
i have never, ever pimped the bands i like (cough KMFDM cough), but The Prodigy has a new cd coming so i'd like to link to the most disturbing video ever, named ""Most Controversial Video Ever to Air" by MTV": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6rHdBga6Hk

These guys are good.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Lol, I'm still surprised the first video hasn't been removed from YouTube. Even though it's probably the 15th time minimum it was uploaded there. Good music, I heard that a lot of times in the past too, and I couldn't imagine we were seeing this in the skin of a girl trough the video.

Anyone else noticed "she" use shaver? Certainly not for facial, looks a bit muscle-veiny for a woman too.

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I'm a huge fan and I'm really looking forward to the album. The singles aren't my favorite, but they're fun. They sort of remind me of how Experience sounds.

~Jason

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
wow, that's a controversial video ? meh...
anyways, the music is great :)

EDIT : what album would be good to buy from them ? (yeh, I buy music CDs)

Last edited:

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
'The Prodigy Experience' & 'The Fat of the Land' are their best albums.

I use Fat of the Land when I play Wipeout, the music perfectly suits the game :)

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
most disturbing video ever

I take it you haven't seen Happiness In Slavery by Nine Inch Nails then? (Don't. Seriously.)

Don't worry about The Prodigy 'dying', they are a very successful band. They'll never have any problem finding sales, the only way the band's likely to finish is if Liam Howlett gets bored.
Personally I used to be a big fan, and I think Music For The Jilted Generation is their best album, but I'm not so keen anymore. I find a lot of the songs a bit soulless.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
You want disturbing..? Try aphex twin - come to daddy

Uh, nice lyrics I guess?

I will eat your soul.
I will eat your soul.
I will eat your soul.
I will eat your soul.
I will eat your soul.
I will eat your soul.
I will eat your soul.
Come to daddy, come to daddy.

I will eat your soul.
I will eat your soul.
I will eat your soul.
I will eat your soul.
I will eat your soul.
I will eat your soul.
I will eat your soul.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
No worries about The Prodigy dying. Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned was supposed to have been their last album (Liam said this like 2 years before it came out), but apparently new studio software (specifically Reason by Propellorhead Software), which allowed him to get out of the studio, gave him a new lease on music. Anyways, since he uses a home studio and a laptop, the album costs very little to produce and since they started their own label, there's pretty much enough interest in getting it out ;-)

I would say that my favorite album of their is Music For the Jilted Generation. It's so solid an it flows so well. I used to play Perfect Dark with my friends with it cranked up. Good times.

As for the new singles, I like Invaders Must Die a lot and Omen is pretty good. It's an interesting choice, the return to the MIDI simplicity of the 90's, away from the punk influences on FotL and AONO. Can't say that I'm thrilled, as it seems more like a step back (than a return to their roots, or whatever). That being said, it's very fun and danceable.

~Jason

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
I have the new album (Invaders Must Die) since yesterday and I can't stop listening to it. It's awesome, no let me rephrase that..It's AWESOME! Only bad thing is that it's only 10 tracks.

Omen & Warriors Dance are my favorites.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I have the new album (Invaders Must Die) since yesterday and I can't stop listening to it. It's awesome, no let me rephrase that..It's AWESOME! Only bad thing is that it's only 10 tracks.

Omen & Warriors Dance are my favorites.

Bah, I hate you. Doesn't come out here until March 3rd.