The music in UT!!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vortex

My last status sucked
Jan 19, 2000
Planet Express
Visit site
I'm glad to see that other people in the community agree that the UT music rocks! Sure, there are some ever so slightly dodgy tracks but to play the game with the music turned down is criminal! I can't believe that in PC Zone they said that UT had "truly terrible music". The music is great and for the most part fits in perfectly with the game. The tracks for Hyperblast, Liandri Mining Core and Morpheus stand out in particular as being very cool. Oh, and the tune in Stalwart(XL) is quite good. Anyone who puts the music down is an idiot. Next you'll be saying that Half-Life is the worst game ever and in no way adavanced the FPS genre.

Skumboy

Jun 3, 2000
Visit site
I'm with SSSHAD on this one UT music rocks but Q2's sound track is the best.

bullet2.gif

"The're out ta get me, they won't catch me I'm f*cking innocent"--Out Ta get me, Guns n Roses

T

The Dudester

The Q3A music is great, but very samey.
The UT music is also great, but more varied.

They both suit the kind of game they are...

(as for the Q2 music, it too is great - in context)

And...why hasn't anybody mentioned the great music from Half-life - which actually had a dynamic score?

Eh?

~Psycho~

Nov 10, 1999
I like 90% of UT music. Alot of Unreal 1's music is really good too. Q2? That music sucks. The Q3 music is ok though.

falcon622

Feb 10, 2000
Visit site
hehe I reckon some of the songs from nine inch nails would go fine with q3 or UT. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

## THIS IS OFFICIALLY THE END OF MY MESSAGE! ##

Vortex

My last status sucked
Jan 19, 2000
Planet Express
Visit site
Wow! Thanx for the response guys! I do have to agree that the best soundtrack for a game was Half Life. That music rocked! The music in Homeworld was great as well (the in-game music, not that terrible band Yes' efforts) if a little tame. Well it is classical.

royboy21

Mar 10, 2000
Visit site
I like Unreal music because it has the background feel and some cool hardrock like the underwater base. Quake 2 and 3 music, YUCK! I always turn it down because it has nothing to do with the game. Just my opinion.

bullet2.gif

Good things come to those who wait.

SSSHAD

Dec 8, 1999
Sydney, NSW, Austr.
Hey Vortex, does half-life have sound track? I finished the game and heard music only twice. (hmmmm....let's see: 1)when you pick up the enviro-suit 2) the very end of the game.) Do you have enable it somehow?

jeescee

Mar 15, 2000
Visit site
Well, Vortex, you were right about Homeworld's music. It's great! And so is the UT music ofcourse.

bullet2.gif

"The answer" said the mouse, "is Forty-Two."

Vortex

My last status sucked
Jan 19, 2000
Planet Express
Visit site
OK SSSHAD, there could be a problem with your copy of HL. Here's when there's music in HL:

1. The train journey
2. Getting the HEV suit
3. Lot's of times in "We've Got Hostiles!"
4. Meeting the Gargantua in Power Up
5. Riding the flatbed train in On a Rail and launching the rocket in said level
6.Getting the Gauss gun in Questionable Ethics
7. Surface Tension (at the cliff when the jet fighter flies by, meeting the tentacle in the desert, practically everytime you meet soldiers)
8. have to go

Vortex

My last status sucked
Jan 19, 2000
Planet Express
Visit site
More HL music for SSSHAD:
8. Not too sure about Forget about Freeman
9. Very start of Lambda Core
10. Very start of Xen.
11. Inside the floating island in Xen
12. Gonarch's Lair
13. Don't think there's any in Interloper
14. And finally, the end sequence.

Maybe I missed some out, I don't really know. Anyway, that's quite a biyt more than 2 tracks isn't it?

SSSHAD

Dec 8, 1999
Sydney, NSW, Austr.
So the music appears only in those places? Then my Half-life music is fine. I just go a bit confused coz i thought that Half-life had continuous(damn, guess i spelled that wrongly /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif) music - like Quake or Unreal.

HWAS

Dec 26, 1999
Carnegie, PA USA
members.tripod.com
I love the HL soundtrack, especially the music in Gonarch's Lair and the beginning train sequence. The music fits very well with the game. But I still think the Quake 2 soundtrack is the best ever.

bullet2.gif

"Ph34r 7h3 l337!"
ngUID: 365724

Vortex

My last status sucked
Jan 19, 2000
Planet Express
Visit site
Hehe! I've never even heard the Q2 music. hardly ever notice the Q3 music cos even if I set it up at the highest volume I can still hardly hear it. The UT music just rocks though even at low volume!

bullet2.gif

Life is like a box of chocolate; you never know what your gonna get...but 9 times outta 10 it tastes like $hit.

Thanx to Sky for that one!

Mod-music rulez, the scene will survive!

thats first /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

the music from quake2 rockz, because it makes you ****ing crazy! "Yeah, kill em all!" /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

Vampyr
[midnite empire]
"The Justified Ancients Of Mu Mu appear courtesey of The Five!"
the klf - fuck the millennium

www.midnite-empire.com

Vortex

My last status sucked
Jan 19, 2000
Planet Express
Visit site
OK - questions:

1) What do all mean by dynamic?

2) What is mod music?

3) Vampyr[me] how do you manage to get **** to appear without the asterisks blocking it out?

bullet2.gif

Life is like a box of chocolate; you never know what your gonna get...but 9 times outta 10 it tastes like $hit.

Thanx to Sky for that one!