The Complete To-Do List

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
SirTahngarth said:
if anyone wants to finish JB-spyglass i'll happily give it to them- as long as the layout or the concept remains you can do whatever the heck you want with it. :)
Where can I get a version of this to give a try, have never seen this map before, other than some very small screenshots.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
I just checked out that thread, most of the links for downloads are dead, but lol @ JB-boring, its not actually that bad :p - more complex than Cyanide :eek: (not as pretty imo :D)

I really like JB-Barura, will be contacting Birelli on that one seeing if he is likely to finish it, I'll call dibs on it if not. (have pm'd him)

I don't have JDN, I don't mind a copy of this list going there, but definetly don't move it there removing it from here. Don't want to loose touch with the community here. :)
Maps can be easily completed by the community, I am sure there will be people who will take up some of these maps, atleast I hope so.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
The_Head said:
I just checked out that thread, most of the links for downloads are dead, but lol @ JB-boring, its not actually that bad :p - more complex than Cyanide :eek: (not as pretty imo :D)

I lost it when my HD crashed. I have an older version, but I really want to get the work I did back... my HD is currrently with someone who might repair it, but don't hold out for it.

The_Head said:
I don't have JDN, I don't mind a copy of this list going there, but definetly don't move it there removing it from here. Don't want to loose touch with the community here. :)

Please get JDN access.
I have made the maps page public, so ALL can read it.
The advantage of using the JDN is that everyone with JDN access can update it with their status.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
I have a harddrive that the motor has died on, any idea if he could fix it?
I have many maps and bits of code lying around on their, but dont fancy paying £200 for a "professional" to do it.

I'll shoot Mych a mail / pm

any chance you can get on IRC now? 'tis quicker ;)

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Yeah, I'll try to hang out on IRC again.

The hard drive: I fried the electronics on it. If the guy can find an identical drive, he can swap the circuit boards & grab all my data.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
Sounds interesting, could you find out how much he would charge? My harddrive is a fairly common one.

Yeh I'm sat in Irc atm. (IRC being "Idle Retirement Club" based solely on the activity in their :p)

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
The_Head said:
I really like JB-Barura, will be contacting Birelli on that one seeing if he is likely to finish it, I'll call dibs on it if not. (have pm'd him)
Just got permission off of Birelli for this one. Expect some work on it over the easter holidays (next two weks)

Might even get around to finally releasing Egypt :lol: (has nearly been a year since starting it)

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
Started some work on Agitation, mix/matching with some other half maps on my harddrive, need some help with the jail execution, so if there is anyone here with a good understanding and ability to make triggers and attachmovers work correctly please please come and help me.

G.Lectors Decks is pretty much done from the looks of things, seems to just needs some adjustment on lighting in the blue base, and an execution and arena. I don't mind working on this one, but need ideas for an execution and maybe ideas for an arena.

Solide seems to of disapeared off of the face of the world, so unbless someone has a copy of it somewhere???

Aswan has come closer to finish with a new beta from Wormbo, looks pretty much done to me.

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
The_Head said:
Started some work on Agitation, mix/matching with some other half maps on my harddrive, need some help with the jail execution, so if there is anyone here with a good understanding and ability to make triggers and attachmovers work correctly please please come and help me.
Just explain what you want to do. I love trigger puzzles. :)

The_Head said:
G.Lectors Decks is pretty much done from the looks of things, seems to just needs some adjustment on lighting in the blue base, and an execution and arena. I don't mind working on this one, but need ideas for an execution and maybe ideas for an arena.
Changing the lighting to blue would suck IMO, well, it's a (red :p) lava factory... but anyway most of the lights are white, so the blue textures and some arrows should be enough...

I'd like to try Jrub's floating cages idea, but I'd need a special mover for that.
Any coder could make a mover with an Array of tags, so when you trigger Tag0, mover goes to Key0; when you trigger Tag1, mover goes to Key1... etc?
It'd be a great actor, would make moving jails possible. :D

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
G.Lecter said:
Any coder could make a mover with an Array of tags, so when you trigger Tag0, mover goes to Key0; when you trigger Tag1, mover goes to Key1... etc?
I think I asked some coders if this was even possible a while ago... and I think they all said that it would be incredibly difficult to do.

So I wouldn't get your hopes up :(

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
@ G.Lector:
I'll explain the problems and stuff when I next upload an alpha of it.
I wasn't thinking of making it completely blue, just a little less red in places, some of the textures where still red in the blue base, so I have swapped those over, Also the lighting in the redeemer room in the blue base is very red, So I hav changed that over.
Half of me wanted to remove the Lava from the blue base as it looks odd, when your next to it its very hard to quickly tell what base you are in, perhaps I could replace this with slightly blue liquid - Concentrated acid?

That mover sounds like a great idea, would be usefull in Agitation aswell, same with the death I wanted to do with Egypt. You could do it to a certain extent, you just need to order the keypoints well and get the timings right, but you could be much more creative with a new actor.
Jrubzekjnf could you take a look at this? you managed the team specific stuff that had people puzzled for ages ;)

ps, Lector we wanna see Fragtion!

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
I am hardworking on it right now, the visuals and layout are pretty much finished, but I am constantly finding new things to work on. I'd like to get the beta done before easter holidays end... but real life is there and also have more homework than expected.
Wtf, isn't good giving it some mystery? :D

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
I got tonnes of work too..... I hate homework.....
just wanna get on and go to uni.

btw, I thought I would let you know I have been accepted on 'Computer Games Design' at Staffordshire uni starting in September, just need to make sure I get 240 points in my A-Levels.
So with luck I could be bringing out a nice laod of meshes and some animated stuff to use in maps, If I get good I may even take requests (not to jump the gun or anything)
The course mainly teaches the use of 3DSmax and Maya, and most of there stuff is based on the Source engine and UnrealEngine :p

/back to homework

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
The_Head said:
I got tonnes of work too..... I hate homework.....
just wanna get on and go to uni.

btw, I thought I would let you know I have been accepted on 'Computer Games Design' at Staffordshire uni starting in September

hey that's great news!
(you'll have even more homework at uni... :lol: )