The Ball: Teotl Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

lango

Markus Arvidsson
Feb 22, 2009
www.toomuchlogic.com
Darkdrium, delete the old release in UTGame\CookedPC\TheBall. We changed the file structure for this release and unfortunately you cant have the old files there. THe old maps are included in the new release.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Awesome! Simply awesome! The feeling is very close to Unreal 1, except that you only have a ball instead of weapons... Even some sounds are from there, like bats, mover sound etc. :) And at last something that isn't brown metal!
I'd really want something similar to this to be Unreal III :) But with weapons, of course.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Yeap, it was pretty cool. But there are two things that annoy me: mummies and big magnets. Especially when they give both at the same time. I managed to get to the last level without cheating, and stopped at the place where you have a very small lift going up and down, and a timer that opens a magnet which attracts the ball. No idea how you have to get there in time... The maze later on was also extremely annoying with its teleporters (kinda reminds be of the Endless Spiral in Might and Magic 1 though). Why do those three buttons emit sound and no nothing? The platform jumping is also extremely fast, I never managed to do that, and that waterfall place later is extremely annoying because of spawning mummies! What the hell!

But talking about bugs, I managed to break the game in the part where your ball goes out of lava, is attracted by a huge magnet and a mummy chases you around. I unlocked my ball, but sent it back too far and it got attracted by the large magnet again, but this time small magnets did nothing. Had to restart to make it work.

Staward

Lauda tuus animus
Jan 31, 2008
-23° 58' 3.15" -46° 20' 32.07"
Great mod, i loved it the first time i played it...
I found some collision bugs in some areas that got me stuck but nothing seriously bad. The only bad thing i've experienced was when i died right after a checkpoint *The first puzzle with lava, where you have to jump from block to block* then i accidentally fell into the lava and i just couldn't spawn back again. I think that was because the ball was right in the spawn point, i had to get out of the game and start it all over again. I guess the ball should be placed to a specific point when you respawn just to avoid it from being in the way of the player.

Anyway, it was very entertaining to play, it's cool and looks good. I hope you guys come with some even harder puzzles for the next release :D

[NBK]Rattman

Goo God
Feb 22, 2005
nbkillas.com
Kind of nitpicking....

But the menu sounds when selecting levels are from UT3 and also in the tutorial you are using the UT guy to show which buttons are for the player to press

These are small things that take away from it being a seperate entity of UT

As far as gameplay goes I love all the new secrets and the things that were added to the already existing levels..

I love this mod and you guys keep making it better...keep up the good work!

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I think demo guy is there because it's demo guy :D
I didn't mind, I thought it was funny. Even in Aztec ruins, demo guy is there :eek: ;)

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
We can't go make a new character, a month work, just for a 2 minute tutorial level.

Also you never ever hear nor see yourself in normal circumstances unless you deliberately start taunting and such. It is hard to pull it away 100 percent from UT3, since it is still a mod and we have to prioritize what is more important. Something you only see for 2 minutes is not for example.

Thanks for the comments all :)

VorLoN

This message is irrelavant
Apr 6, 2008
Netherlands
Great mod, you guys did a really good job there. More enjoyable than some full-prize games I've played lately. :)

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Interestingly, jump sounds are DemoGuy's, but taunts are your own character's in UT (I set it up as Malcolm, so I taunt as Malcolm :) ). Also, footstep and jump sounds seem to be the default ones in the whole game, except the ball itself which sounds metal. Possibly you didn't define the material when creating new textures?
By the way, what about releasing a mesh/texture pack for use in the main UT3? Aztec ruin setting is awesome!