Terminal 360 update?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
http://xbox360.gamespy.com/articles/952/952341p1.html

http://forums.xbox.com/25603474/ShowPost.aspx

So M$ dropped a new update on 360 owners this week, and apparently some people are suffering extreme box bricking from it, a la RRoD.
The update supposedly fixes HDMI audio issues in the NxE, but from what people say it also adds blurring, graphics-glitches en masse, freezes, greenscreens, E-71/73/74 errors and 1-ring deaths.

I personally can't comment on this since my 360, a 2.5 year old Xenon, hasn't been plugged in for nearly 2 weeks..

So yeah, any other 360 owners here heard of this?

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
nope. No problems at all. YAY. Didn't play any games though. Just watched The Tick on netflix. God that was an awful/awesome show.

~Jason

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
E-71/73/74 errors and 1-ring deaths.

So yeah, any 360 owners here felt this?

**** yeah man.

If they can't fix that from a patch, they can pretty much shove it up their ass. As far as consoles goes, Xbox 360 was my last one, ever. Specifically from M$ Games dogs.

nope. No problems at all. YAY. Didn't play any games though. Just watched The Tick on netflix. God that was an awful/awesome show.

~Jason

Either you are trolling, or you didn't download the latest auto-update.

Last edited:

Neddaf

Just a flesh wound!
Jul 19, 2001
Los Angeles, California
Yeah my 360 locked up on me yesterday. Also been a bit slow. No really bad glitches though. Oh yeah, Fallout3 jumps around sometimes. At least it doesn't happen often.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Either you are trolling, or you didn't download the latest auto-update.

...yes. Because the update broke every single xbox out there. It's secretly a conspiracy and I am one of the pawns. You, sir, have caught me.

Seriously, I've dled the update and I've had no problems so far. Sorry to disappoint.

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
I haven't had any issues. Then again, I don't play it much anymore (thanks to LBP and other games I've since purchased on PS3 due to the 360 being less than reliable in some areas). My 360 only connects to the internet when it feels like it. I wish the thing would work better though. I'm not exactly getting my money's worth paying for XBL on a monthly basis.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
I'm curious, if a RRoD is a hardware failure, how does a patch induce such behavior in these boxes? Seems rather peculiar, wouldn't ya think?

I'm even more glad now that I went with a PS3.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Seriously, I've dled the update and I've had no problems so far. Sorry to disappoint.

You sound like detective fanboi in every X360 related threads I see you post in.
It's obvious that their forums are aware of the plague. If you didn't have any problems with it, well, maybe you should try playing and see what happens!? Sorry if I have a hot candle stuck in my ass, but the way you post is sooo snobish.

I need to chill.

I'm curious, if a RRoD is a hardware failure, how does a patch induce such behavior in these boxes? Seems rather peculiar, wouldn't ya think?

I'm even more glad now that I went with a PS3.

Yes, E-74 is a hardware failure, so if a patch can cause hardware failure, there's a ****ing serious problem here. You know some days I just wish I could be the guy playing Little big World.

I am about to receive my new Xbox from "repair" They call that repair but what they do is make sure you didn't bull**** them by sending your broken console, then you receive a new one. All I fear is the same error again.

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
You sound like detective fanboi in every X360 related threads I see you post in.
It's obvious that their forums are aware of the plague. If you didn't have any problems with it, well, maybe you should try playing and see what happens!?

Arg, you are a little prick, aren't you? This thread is asking if anyone has downloaded the update and if it broke their system. I have downloaded it and it didn't break my system. This isn't to say that it hasn't broken other people's (see that very long thread), only that it hasn't broken mine. See? Simple.

You, however, haven't downloaded this update and are simply storming another xbox thread to vent your nerd rage.
gonoob.jpg

~Jason

Last edited:

Matfei

[:«]Ω[»:]:Mױפקזג:]:
Apr 22, 2008
Behind the Great Australian Firewall
I had a lock up on the Gears 2 menu when i got my mate to sign in on my guest profile to play some co-op with me, but apart from that I haven't had any issues.

I sure ****ing hope mine doesn't randomly brick. It's only a month old - pretty sure it's a Falcon too.

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
About 3 weeks ago my 360 RROD'd, or at least it appeared to have, after the power went off for a few seconds. I was not surprised, since I've had the RROD once before, but I was even more surprised after I restarted the system and there was no RROD.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
dragonfliet and Kantham...keep your e-penis sword fighting out of the thread, please.

On Topic - I was at my bro-in-laws house last night. We played various games on his 360 for about 10 hours. No lockups, but things sure were moving quite slow (loading screens, menus, etc). He said he hasn't started having this issue until this week. I'll ask him if he downloaded this update.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
I got this update. I'm getting some hitching and odd sound stuff in Fallout 3, like I'll listening to GNR and it'll just cut out for a second ever so often. It always comes right back though.

I'm afraid to play my 360 for fear of a brick. I'm gonna try not to play it until they release a fix.