Team Triggers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
N43° 03' 16" :::: W77° 36' 03"
I have a door that i want only one team to go through. But i also want to make the other team only use the door one-way. I want to keep the blue out of parts of the red base.

i have one teamtrigger with team = 0 (red) and teamtrigger with team = 1 (blue). Given the pic, only one team can use the door. I've tried switching the team numbers. both teamtriggers' events match both doors' tag (the door is made of two movers)

here's the pic:

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
Originally posted by Hourences
i can allready tell you the textures suck :p

whats the prob, the door doesnt open ? its set to triggeropentimed ?

this is a very early stage in map progress. the textures always change totally in th end, besides, there is no lighting, that's why it looks bad. yes it is set to triggeropentimed. it does open, but only for one team.

Last edited:

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Just in case you've made the same mistake I made, In the team trigger properties, the team number is the number of the team that you DON'T want the trigger to work for.
ie. if you want the trigger to work for the blue team, set the team tag to 0 and if you want it to work for the red team set it to 1.

May I suggest against sectioning off pieces of your map in CTF to certain teams as if both teams have each others flags you can run into the protected room and you end up with a stale mate until one team decides to sacrifice their flag carrier :\

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Dispatcher

I believe you need a "Dispatcher".
Have the TeamTriggers spring the dispatcher which in turn opens your door. The multiple team tags may be confusing the door AI, a dispatcher will clear it up IMO.

ingear

Nov 29, 2001
TX
Visit site
a few questions.

both your doors have the same tag case sensitive?
both triggers have the same event set to the doors tag?
both are team triggers?

You already said the doors were set to trigger opend timed.

I suspect you want this were one team may exit the other can go both ways.
Use, I guess to force one team to use another enterance but allow them to exit more than one way. Or something similar.

You may want to try adding another trigger. Use 2 triggers for the team that can go both ways and 1 for the team allowed one way axis. Makes sure the trigger zones don't overlap one another.
Well best of luck.

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
Re: a few questions.

Originally posted by Bot_40
Just in case you've made the same mistake I made, In the team trigger properties, the team number is the number of the team that you DON'T want the trigger to work for.
ie. if you want the trigger to work for the blue team, set the team tag to 0 and if you want it to work for the red team set it to 1.

May I suggest against sectioning off pieces of your map in CTF to certain teams as if both teams have each others flags you can run into the protected room and you end up with a stale mate until one team decides to sacrifice their flag carrier :\

yeah i figured that out the long way the teamtrigger equalling 0 mean's red can't use it.

the sectioning of the restricted area lead to the red spawn rooms and sniping rooms, they can still be entered by using the jump pad to jump to them, or even the translocator. but, why would you, they respawn there and you will just die anyway. besides, if you have made it that far inside the base, if you don't go for the flag now your dumb. I made it so the enemy would not in the right mind even want to go through that door anyway, but this so that can't even if they wanted to.

Originally posted by ingear
both your doors have the same tag case sensitive?
both triggers have the same event set to the doors tag?
both are team triggers?

You already said the doors were set to trigger opend timed.

I suspect you want this were one team may exit the other can go both ways.
Use, I guess to force one team to use another enterance but allow them to exit more than one way. Or something similar.

You may want to try adding another trigger. Use 2 triggers for the team that can go both ways and 1 for the team allowed one way axis. Makes sure the trigger zones don't overlap one another.
Well best of luck.

i double checked all the case-sensitiveness and spelling and triggeropentimed. I've never had problems having trigger's zones overlapping one another, but i will alter the collision radius of the big one anyway to see it that works.

what happened when i switched the team numbers in the two teamtriggers, now the other team can open the door, but not the other now.

here's what happened before i switched the team trigger's team number:
blue can go one way, red can't go either way

then after switching the team numbers:
blue can't go either way, red can go both ways

ingear

Nov 29, 2001
TX
Visit site
I'm at work right now. I'll see what I can come up with in the AM. then I'll post if I find an answer. Other wise lot's of luck.

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
Whoa, it works now. i actually had 8 doors hat used this same trigger setup, i forgot to copy what i changed to the other treamtriggers, so when i tested it, i was testing the wrong triggers.

/stupid me/