System Requirements

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

muhaha_11

Apr 27, 2004
What are the official system requirements?
my pc is p3 600
16mb video card
320 Ram

why does infiltration lag so bad???
but tactical ops works fine??????

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Your specs are seeming borderline to me... UT and other UT mods might run fine on your box, but INF tend to be more demending on the CPU and graphics. You might wan't to try to reduce the level of details or the resolution.

But when you say it lags.. does it do it online and offline? What your frame rate (timedemo 1 in console). If it's online only, try to type "stat net" in the console to see if there is any packet loss.

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
I did install Inf 2.86 on a couple of Notebooks:

On a 900 Mhz PIII with 256 MB and a 16 MB GF2Go it was well playable with medium seetings.

On a 1800 Mhz P IV with 512 MB and a 32 MB GF2Go it was hardly any faster.

Inf 2.9 should be a little more demanding, so 1 Ghz sounds like a reasonable Minimum, as long as you have a Video Card compareable to a TNT2 or Voodoo 2.

muhaha_11

Apr 27, 2004
Freon said:
TO maps are smaller and simpler.

yea that is true. infiltration maps are a lot bigger
i have all settings to lowest already but still get bad fram rates. and the sound is kinda messed up at times. sometimes its silent then the sound comes back on again. i only tried the shooting range map though because i only downloaded the core files. why does the sky in the shooting range map look like a box? are all the maps like this or just this one.

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
I used to play 2.86 with a K6-2 450 Voodoo 3 2000 (PCI; 16mb) and 192mb RAM.
I got 15fps on average and that was playable for me. Some maps like Freon's DullRocks were fps-killers (i.e. 4 fps average on some locations --> enemy spotted, mouse buttone pressed several times, 3 seconds later the first few shoots are leaving the weapon while you die the next second :D ) and those maps aren't that fast now either.
So what I recommend is that you should use the OpenGL drivers (unless you have a Voodoo) and that you should not use hardware sound (if activated). This could increase the fps a bit.

Cleeus[JgKdo]

because respawns suck
Jun 8, 2002
Germany
www.cleeus.de
muhaha_11 said:
yea that is true. infiltration maps are a lot bigger
i have all settings to lowest already but still get bad fram rates.

if you don't own a Vodoo, use the UT-OpenGL module from ChrisDohnal
http://cwdohnal.home.mindspring.com/utglr/
It outperforms the orginal one from Epic by 100%

and the sound is kinda messed up at times. sometimes its silent then the sound comes back on again.
a) UTs sound engine is ****ty
b) depends on your SoundHardware and how many sound slots it supports

i only tried the shooting range map though because i only downloaded the core files. why does the sky in the shooting range map look like a box? are all the maps like this or just this one.

Well the skybox doesn't only look like one, it really is one. This is caused by the way maps are created.
But to answer your question: HELL NO!!!
INFs maps are pure beauty. Take a look at the ScreenshotSection on the INF Homepage.
You can also go to www.combatmaps.de where a lot of additional custom maps are hosted - all with screenshots (you'll still need the mappack to use the maps)

L3d

The Golden Spear
Sep 20, 2003
Wijk bij Duurstede
Visit site
chris opengl i dont want to costummize to much .. i got a pc350 128work power a gfmx 440(32) aand win98 but i want the game to be as it is ment to be not as chris wants ,
i do have blurred and blockey textures , all this i think came with my gf4 .? and i did mes arround in me pref , so if i click default it gets at inf,s original normal settings no ? and if i use chriss and stop using it my pref,s go back to normal no ? maybe i should use more cpu anny suggestions ? bah i just saw my sys is working on 50% annyone ? does a scandisk repair this 50% ?

muhaha_11

Apr 27, 2004
Cleeus[JgKdo] said:
if you don't own a Vodoo, use the UT-OpenGL module from ChrisDohnal
http://cwdohnal.home.mindspring.com/utglr/
It outperforms the orginal one from Epic by 100%

for some reason opengl doesnt work for me after i install mods. opengl works with the original ut game though. the speed is slower and the textures are white when i use opengl. my card is an elsa erazor 2. how much times faster is opengl than direct 3d?

-Freshmeat

Eternally noob
Dec 4, 2003
Denmark
Visit site
PIII 566 celeron, 320 MB ram, GF2MX400 (64 mb), chris OGL 2.5. Runs RtK at 15 fps @ 1280 * 1024 *32 with no antialising or filtering. If you can find a decent second-hand graphic card, you should be ready to rock (they come at about $30 here)

I found that the biggest single factor in eating my frames was the amount of empty casings when I used the M249, and setting their lifespan to 1 second was a tremendous improvement. I thought I had to get new hardware when I installed Inf 2.9, but a lot could be done by tweaking. See the sticky in this forum.

-Freshmeat

Last edited:

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
I advice people playing INF to try the timedemo available in that thread
Click on this link

and report back the results with your system specs in a reply of this thread (and what is your game resolution , color depth, and render selected etc... for a better and more complete report) .

This way it should be easier to see if the result is normal according to your own hardware, or if it can be improved in any ways by giving a look at the other INF players results with their system and this same timedemo.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
I used to run 800mhz, Geforce2MX 32mb, and I got decent framerates at 800x600, sometimes i had to turn off 'dynamic lighting' to get the framerates down. I now run 1.7ghz, Geforce3 64mb, and I can run at 1152x864, with all settings set to max, at a very high framerate. Sometimes, depending on the map, i will turn on anisotropic filtering so that ground textures don't get blurry in the distance, but that creates a slight framerate hit.

=D.C.L.I=Snipez

Mar 7, 2004
Cleveland, OH
muahaha_11, I suggest you read a tweak guide. There is a man in the clan I am in for another mod that has a remarkable tweak guide. I'll have to change some things to suit INF though.

Graeme43

Mar 29, 2003
Uk
Visit site
(un)l33t_1 said:
Ha ha guess what? My infiltration 2.9 runs fine on 400mhtz Mac OS 9 G4, 312 mb RAM, and 16mb video card. Unfortunately, it still lags on big maps or detailed maps (i.e. Ruins) and I can't hear some sounds because of the Mac bug...

I get like 2 FPS on Mac OS X, 1.2ghz G4, 768Mb ram and 32mb video card :mad: