Super Meat Boy

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Who made the soundtrack?
Anyhow I'm gonna get this game next week. It's harder or not compared to IWBTG?

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Well all that rage paid off I guess. I beat the 3rd world boss finally and am 4 levels deep into hell. I also unlocked head crab and A ranked all light world chapter 1. I am still going to hunt for a controller but the keyboard is getting a bit more controllable.

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I hear that it's best to go with the Steam version, because that's the only one with the unlockable headcrab. The other versions have some other exclusive character (Gish?), but it can be unlocked with a cheat code if you have it from Steam. However, if you don't get it from Steam, there's no way to get the headcrab. Anyone know if this is true?

*EDIT: According to Wikipedia, I'm half-right: it's a goo ball from World of Goo, and you can get it from the Steam version with a cheat code, whereas the headcrab is not at all available elsewhere.

Last edited:

Sindarin

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Apr 15, 2004
[SCREENSHOT]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x11/Sindarin1000rr/Super_Meat_Boy_Dave_Rapoza_Cover.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
I hear that it's best to go with the Steam version, because that's the only one with the unlockable headcrab. The other versions have some other exclusive character (Gish?), but it can be unlocked with a cheat code if you have it from Steam. However, if you don't get it from Steam, there's no way to get the headcrab. Anyone know if this is true?

*EDIT: According to Wikipedia, I'm half-right: it's a goo ball from World of Goo, and you can get it from the Steam version with a cheat code, whereas the headcrab is not at all available elsewhere.

AFAIK Gish is an extra chapter exclusive to Xbox atm.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Just started Chapter 5-1 with 19 bandages in hand. Is it just me or does the game seem to get a bit easier in some spots? The salt factory was a total bitch, but hell was only maddening in just a few levels?

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Saw they released a patch today and I noticed this change

-Updated a few levels with some troublesome areas

DO NOT tell me they made a few levels easier because some cry babies whined it was too hard. This brings back memories of HL2 Episode 1 where Valve made the parking garage segment easier even though it wasn't bad to begin with.

EDIT: Well the patch broke leaderboards and still hasn't fixed replays that can't be deleted or played. Seriously this is just sad that the pc version is so damn buggy.

Last edited:

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
Masocore is an awesome genre name I don't care what you say.

Who made the soundtrack?
Anyhow I'm gonna get this game next week. It's harder or not compared to IWBTG?

danny B made the soundtrack, you can find it here

IWBTG looks harder than Super Meat Boy. Part of the design for IWBTG is to seem more than it really is, even though it is truly a hard game. Super Meat Boy puts its difficulty out in the open. Things start very easy, but by world 4 or 5 you're dealing with IWBTG craziness. Dark worlds can be even worse.

The thing is, IWBTG was an unfair game with its difficulty. You didn't expect that apple to fall up. Super Meat Boy is completely fair. If you die it's your fault, not some crappy controls or bugs or gimmicky deaths.

Anyways, SMB is definitely a challenge enough to be in the 'masocore' genre.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I am about 11 levels into chapter 5 and those floating heads with teeth are terrible. I noticed they stop following after a short distance, but gonna be annoying if I have to scale a wall with one following. Also everyones unlockables should be back, but I don't see the leaderboards being fixed anytime soon. A post from one of the devs pretty much says we are releasing the patch today(yesterday) and that will be it for a while. 1-2 person development teams are not good.

Last edited:

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
I am about 11 levels into chapter 5 and those floating heads with teeth are terrible. I noticed they stop following after a short distance, but gonna be annoying if I have to scale a wall with one following. Also everyones unlockables should be back, but I don't see the leaderboards being fixed anytime soon. A post from one of the devs pretty much says we are releasing the patch today(yesterday) and that will be it for a while. 1-2 person development teams are not good.

From my experience they stop following you if they are off-screen.

Also leaderboards are fixed for me now.