Suggestion: MapList=

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

*Xx ZER01 xX*

Oct 6, 2004
A feature to vote different maplists for the same gametype would be really cool.

An example would be a clan server that wishes to vote different settings and maplists for various ladders. Say you have 3 ladders, they all run different settings, all 3 are played as TMDM, and all 3 have different maplists. This is where MapList= would really come in handy.

I imagine it would look something like this.
GameType=(GameName="LADDER1",UseMapList=True,MapList="IGL-Maplist",GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame".....
GameType=(GameName="LADDER2",UseMapList=True,MapList="TWL-Maplist",GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame".....
GameType=(GameName="LADDER3",UseMapList=True,MapList="PG-Maplist",GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame".....

hmishima

Sep 10, 2004
*Xx ZER01 xX* said:
A feature to vote different maplists for the same gametype would be really cool.

An example would be a clan server that wishes to vote different settings and maplists for various ladders. Say you have 3 ladders, they all run different settings, all 3 are played as TMDM, and all 3 have different maplists. This is where MapList= would really come in handy.

I imagine it would look something like this.
GameType=(GameName="LADDER1",UseMapList=True,MapList="IGL-Maplist",GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame".....
GameType=(GameName="LADDER2",UseMapList=True,MapList="TWL-Maplist",GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame".....
GameType=(GameName="LADDER3",UseMapList=True,MapList="PG-Maplist",GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame".....

edit: missed the 'voting' part of your post. Sorry.

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
One cannot just create a Maplist where you feel like it.
A MapList has to be attached to a GameType like DeathMatch for instance, hence you would have a MapList called MapListDeathMatch.
You could however have several MapLists pers game but that too is not something a Mutator can do, Epic need to do that as part of their Games.
The other way is to make several same type games with GameMake and have your different Maplists that way.
GameMake 3.3 is very nearly finished where you can have as many Whatever.xDeathMatch or Whatever.xCTFGame as you want for instance.

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
That's pretty much the track I was on too. If you insist on having static maplists to vote from, you can use gamemake to associate this unique maplist to a special gametype.
As an alternative to static maplists, you can also use the reject/restore map button to restrict voting of undesirable maps on a per-gametype basis. Doing it this way, DM-1on1blah could be rejected for TDM, but visible to regular DM or any custom gamemake games.

*Xx ZER01 xX*

Oct 6, 2004
My problem with gamemake is I've heard it makes the server non-standard. I'm also not sure if that would be acceptable for ladder use. That forces us to use XGame.xDeathMatch for 1vs1 maplist, even though it should be played as a teamgame. Then as a compromise, the other voteconfigs use the XGame.xTeamGame maplist with all the maps from the various ladders.

It could be done a certian way using custom reject lists, I think.

bAdvancedRejectList=True

GameType=(GameName="LADDER1",UseMapList=True,RejectList="MaplistA"
GameType=(GameName="LADDER2",UseMapList=True,RejectList="MaplistB"

[UT2Vote47.UT2VoteRejectList]
MaplistA=Reject=(MapName="DM-Rankin",GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame")
MaplistA=Reject=(MapName="DM-DesertIsle",GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame")
MaplistB=Reject=(MapName="DM-Corrugation",GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame")
MaplistC=Reject=(MapName="DM-Deck17",GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame")

hmishima

Sep 10, 2004
*Xx ZER01 xX* said:
My problem with gamemake is I've heard it makes the server non-standard. I'm also not sure if that would be acceptable for ladder use. That forces us to use XGame.xDeathMatch for 1vs1 maplist, even though it should be played as a teamgame. Then as a compromise, the other voteconfigs use the XGame.xTeamGame maplist with all the maps from the various ladders.

It could be done a certian way using custom reject lists, I think.

bAdvancedRejectList=True

GameType=(GameName="LADDER1",UseMapList=True,RejectList="MaplistA"
GameType=(GameName="LADDER2",UseMapList=True,RejectList="MaplistB"

[UT2Vote47.UT2VoteRejectList]
MaplistA=Reject=(MapName="DM-Rankin",GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame")
MaplistA=Reject=(MapName="DM-DesertIsle",GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame")
MaplistB=Reject=(MapName="DM-Corrugation",GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame")
MaplistC=Reject=(MapName="DM-Deck17",GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame")

Gamemake can't make your server non-standard, it's not a mutator. It only makes gametypes and strings. Nothing from Gamemake is applied to the server ini file.

*Xx ZER01 xX*

Oct 6, 2004
well.. It could if epic applied a filter on the master server for nonstandard gametypes. I heard that was the case, can anyone confirm?

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
*Xx ZER01 xX* said:
well.. It could if epic applied a filter on the master server for nonstandard gametypes. I heard that was the case, can anyone confirm?
Easiest way to confirm is to try it. If your new gametype keeps the parent gameclass, it won't be filtered. Previous versions of GameMake required the user to manually do this if you wanted your game to appear in a given gametype's browser tab. 3.3 makes is a lot easier.

The new GameMake 3.3 allows you to have custom gametypes that still appear as stock gametypes. That is you could have IGL.xTeamGame, TWL.xTeamGame and PG.xTeamGame and they would appear in the browser and the Epic stats as normal.

If you created the three above, each one would then have a default maplist. Problem solved? Personally, I am not a fan of maplists since I add new maps all the time. Having to then edit the list to make it available is a step I would rather not do.

If you want to go the reject route instead, you still need to create the unique gametypes as above and then do something similar to this:
Code:
RejectMap=(MapName="DM-IGLMap",GameClass="TWL.xTeamGame")
RejectMap=(MapName="DM-IGLMap",GameClass="PG.xTeamGame")
RejectMap=(MapName="DM-TWLMap",GameClass="PG.xTeamGame")
RejectMap=(MapName="DM-TWLMap",GameClass="IGL.xTeamGame")
RejectMap=(MapName="DM-PGMap",GameClass="IGL.xTeamGame")
RejectMap=(MapName="DM-PGMap",GameClass="TWL.xTeamGame")
I'm sure you will have some overlaping map use of course, just demonstrating how to prevent maps from being viewed by the wrong custom gametype.

Last edited: