UE2 - UT2kX stuck constructor brush

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

svcoyle

Art Director Icarus Studios
Apr 14, 2008
I searched the forums for this issue and didn't find anything

My constructor brush is stuck rotated no matter what type of brush i try to create (cylinder, cube etc) I tried selecting it and going to brush->resetall but that didn't work.

Here is a screen

Any ideas?

[SCREENSHOT]http://www.stevecoyle.com/stuck.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

|*BILLY$CLINT*|

I make things happen!
Jan 25, 2008
The Moon
I think I remember reading that if delete you editor.ini file that might fix it. As this file is re-created every time the editor is loaded.

*NOTE* Make sure that you back up your editor.ini file in case this explodes in your face.

Last edited:

|*BILLY$CLINT*|

I make things happen!
Jan 25, 2008
The Moon
^5 clint

I haven't seen that issue before. Try setting your rotate and grid settings as low as possible and use the "my view ports are white" fix.

While this was not a common error that I would I get I still have gotten this error before. My fix was that I would have about 30 back ups in case this or anything for that mater did happen I would just go back a revision or two till the brush was in the right locations again.

I am not sure how the "my view ports are white" is going to help as this sounds more like an issues that is related to orientation rather than rendering something in your view ports.

svcoyle

Art Director Icarus Studios
Apr 14, 2008
I just fixed it myself. I just went into the brush properties and found an entry for rotation that somehow got a very odd number put into the Z and X rotations. If it happens again Ill try your technique evilmrfrank to see if it may be quicker.

Thanks,

Steve